Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Menopause Survival Guide

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Menopause Survival Guide

Hi everyone,

‘New Menopause Research’ have published a survival guide for menopausal women.

When the symptoms of menopause start rolling in – there are many things that a woman will encounter, but no-one’s really looking forward to it.

This is where the ‘Menopause Survival Guide’ can help. You can read about dietary and exercise guidelines to help ease the various stages of menopause. It also gives women lifestyle tips and expert advice.

The ‘Survival Guide’ gave me quality information about what certain foods will do for your digestive system, and what foods you should be staying away from, as well as the benefits of regular exercise.

Maria
    Last edited by WildChild; 04-19-2011, 12:46 AM.

• Menopause relief is possible through self care. Western doctors treat women in menopause like they have a disease. In truth, menopause is a transitional imbalance, a change that can be comforted with some study and experimentation.

Peri-menopausal woman report experiencing symptoms including hot flashes, anger, urinary tract infections, irritability, hyperacidity, skin breakouts (acne), rashes, low sex drive, mood swings, and more. If the sole cause of menopause is a loss of hormones, as is commonly believed in the west, then why do some women experience no symptoms at all during menopause while others can no relief from menopause?
    **Removed outbound links**
    Last edited by LanaBear; 05-16-2011, 04:05 PM. Reason: Removed links

Comment

• Some of the hormones are thought to cause cancer. My wife is in the beginning stages of menopause and she has hot flashes and such, but the doctor is afraid to put her on hormones due to breast cancer being so widespread in her family. Just about every woman in her family has had it except her. We just don't think the benefit outweighs the risks involved for her.

Comment

• I suggest that she read two good sources, one being The Wisdom of Menopause, by Dr. Northrup and the other, The Hormone Diet by Dr. Turner. In many cases these symptoms can be dealt with by adjusting your diet and techniques such as meditation.

Comment

• Hello,
          I have a question on what MarkT said, aren't synthetic hormones the ones that cause cancer? (rather than bioidentical hormones)

Comment

• I have a question on what MarkT said, aren't synthetic hormones the ones that cause cancer? (rather than bioidentical hormones)
            Synthetic are made in the lab, they act on the exact same receptors that regular hormones work on. When a normal human made hormone latches onto its specific receptor a signal is sent out, a synthetic hormone latches onto the exact same receptor that the normal human made hormone does and sends out the exact same signal. When a doctor prescribes a medication it is going to work like that, it latches onto the exact same receptor and sends out the signal when the normal human hormone may not be functioning correctly. Synthetic hormones that are prescribed are not made to cause cancer, if a person has cancer it is because of a multitude of other factors. It is possible to have cancer because the body is not functioning correctly, say hormonal imbalance, the synthetic hormones are often given to try and straighten things out. It is possible to get cancer because of medications overworking certain types of systems in the body, hence doctors not prescribing medications because of certain risk factors (like cancer running in the family). However it is not take this FDA approved medication and boom you have cancer...it does not work like that despite what any blog may say (blogs are notorious for false information because they themselves are terrified of doctors).
            There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• blogs are notorious for false information because they themselves are terrified of doctors
              that's so true.
              Speaking of doctors, I went out and tried to find some hormone doctors I could talk with about the subject. I found this directory where you can search for bioidentical hormone doctors by state or zipcode. I found one and asked him all about bioidentical hormones. If anyone else is interested I think they should find a bioidentical hormone doctor and ask some questions.
              Here is the directory.
              (edit link)
              Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 07-19-2011, 04:43 PM. Reason: links are not allowed

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

I like a light scent, nothing over powering and usually a natural smell, like a floral. I do have a bottle of a Calvin Klein fragrance, I think it is....

Today, 06:36 PM By atskitty2
              • Reply to Eyebrows!

I groom my brows. I pluck to maintain a nice, clean shape, then fill in some thinning areas with a powder or pencil. That's about it. Color matching is...

Today, 06:33 PM By atskitty2
              • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Who is to say that your mother/sisters/grandmother and whoever else suffers from migraines don't ALSO have food allergies or food intolerances? Those...

Today, 09:56 AM By Ashlee T.
              • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Thanks Ashlee! It's funny you mention that because I actually have SIBO and have been trying to address food issues to see what might be the culprit....

Today, 08:22 AM By lp84
              • Reply to Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

Hi jehand. I have removed the link in your post. Outbound linking is not permitted here.

Have you been checked for uterine fibroids? My...

Today, 08:00 AM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

Mine is Clinique Happy.

Over to you!

Today, 05:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              • Eyebrows!

What's YOUR style? Bold and full? Thin and groomed? I keep mine the latter. Still, full brows look fabulous on many women and I love the eyebrow makeup/grooming...

Today, 05:47 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              • Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Yesterday, 09:59 AM By lp84
              • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Yesterday, 05:40 AM By jehand
              • Do You Love Ireland?

I fell in love with Ireland years and years ago. It is a magical place and I have such nostalgia when I think of my times there.

If you ever...

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              Working...
              X