Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Menopause and burning feet at night

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Menopause and burning feet at night

I am 51 yo. Two years ago I started having a burning feeling in my feet that would wake me up at night. I would wake up, then break out in a sweat and then the burning would stop. Now it's 2 or 3 times per night. I feel awful the next day due to lack of quality sleep. I'm a nervous wreck. I went to my family doctor about it. He ruled out diabetic neuropathy and a nerve conduction problem. He started me on 200 mg Gabapentin at night which wasn't enough of a dose to help anything. I went to a physical therapist because I did have a back injury years ago and thought it had something to do with that. The PT said, "No neuropathy from a back injury is usually unilateral and would be constant, not just at night." I finally went to my gyne. He stopped the Gabapentin, started me on 1 mg estradiol and I've finally slept through the night two nights in a row after being on the HRT for two weeks. I was also battling horrible cystic acne. My face has cleared up too since taking the HRT. Does menopause cause some women to feel like their feet are burning? My face itches too during the nght. I feel like I have bugs crawling all over me. It's driving me crazy. I feel horrible all the time. NO energy and I can't think straight. It' s starting to affect my driving too from being drowsy.

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

I like a light scent, nothing over powering and usually a natural smell, like a floral. I do have a bottle of a Calvin Klein fragrance, I think it is....

Today, 06:36 PM By atskitty2
  • Reply to Eyebrows!

I groom my brows. I pluck to maintain a nice, clean shape, then fill in some thinning areas with a powder or pencil. That's about it. Color matching is...

Today, 06:33 PM By atskitty2
  • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Who is to say that your mother/sisters/grandmother and whoever else suffers from migraines don't ALSO have food allergies or food intolerances? Those...

Today, 09:56 AM By Ashlee T.
  • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Thanks Ashlee! It's funny you mention that because I actually have SIBO and have been trying to address food issues to see what might be the culprit....

Today, 08:22 AM By lp84
  • Reply to Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

Hi jehand. I have removed the link in your post. Outbound linking is not permitted here.

Have you been checked for uterine fibroids? My...

Today, 08:00 AM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

Mine is Clinique Happy.

Over to you!

Today, 05:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Eyebrows!

What's YOUR style? Bold and full? Thin and groomed? I keep mine the latter. Still, full brows look fabulous on many women and I love the eyebrow makeup/grooming...

Today, 05:47 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Yesterday, 09:59 AM By lp84
  • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Yesterday, 05:40 AM By jehand
  • Do You Love Ireland?

I fell in love with Ireland years and years ago. It is a magical place and I have such nostalgia when I think of my times there.

If you ever...

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy
Working...
X