Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Hot Flashes!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Holy Hot Flashes!

I've been premenopausal/almost menopausal for 3 yrs now. But only recently did the hot flashes start. Never imagined it would be so miserable.

I went 9 months with no bleeding, then had a single day of spotting so the clock started all over. I haven't ovulated yrs now and haven't had a regular period for yrs. I thought perhaps I'd lucked out on the hot flash part.

It's interfering with sleep. I don't know how I can do this for possibly years. But I'm also not ready to take meds.

I'm generally a cold natured girl...always in sweaters even in summer...but this has changed me...I'm going out in the freezing cold with short sleeves...its just crazy.

• so sorry!

although I can't relate, do remember once worked with a women who had such terrible sweating, she had to wipe her face and neck constantly
    she looked miserable

Comment

• The nausea may be the worst part of them.

Comment

• Have you thought about trying any herbal supplements for that? Sounds miserable.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• There are things marketed for it, but nobody claims that it worked for them. Not that I spoke to. I may do more research and try something, just haven't had time.

It's odd too because my normal body temperature seems to be normal now, or elevated. My regular temp has always ranged 96-97, rather than 98...and I've always been cold. I wear long sleeves and pants until it's 80 outside, and even with a breeze I might chill.
          NOW.... I was out in the snow in shorts yesterday and comfortable with the dogs. Short sleeves, short shorts and comfortable. Bizarre for me. I've turned my furnace to 60...and still feel warm. Lol I feel too warm but my hands and feet, maybe legs are cold but I suddenly have no appreciation for heat. All my life I have been a heat seeker... now this. Lol
          It is funny. If y'all knew me, you'd see the humor in it.

Maybe part of it is the autoimmune, idk. Crazy feeling tho. I'm waking up all through the night hot, then freezing, then cold sweats, then hot.

I have read they may never go away. Others say a few weeks or months. I can manage the daytime stuff but I'm protective of my sleep. That part has to be managed somehow.

Comment

• atskitty2 I know how you feel. I was the one running outdoors in the winter in shorts just to get some relief. Although they got fewer and further in between as time went on they have not gone away. Out of the blue I'll be asking "is anybody else hot". Usually it's just me. However, I had a hysterectomy, the left my ovaries and took the uterus and cervix only, so I still could ovulate each month but then -- ta da - - nothing. Best days of my life.
            That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Was the nausea really bad for you claret?
              The first few times it happened to me, I thought I had a bug. The nauseated feeling would hit hard, then that hot flush would come over me so intensely, and I'd run to the nearest restroom, only to wait several minutes to have it weaken and eventually pass. I hardly ate that first day or so, until I realized what was happening. I'm either getting used to it, or it's lessened some since then.

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                I'm going out in the freezing cold with short sleeves...its just crazy.
                can't imagine having to go out with short sleeves in the cold, you poor thing!

nausea..........you couldn't be pregnant, could you?

Comment

• Sorry to hear menopause is hitting you hard, kitty. Hugs.
                  I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                  Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• highly unlikely that I'm pregnant...lol

It's such an odd feeling. I've always been cold (low blood pressure too)...now I'm searching out a cold place, even while my feet and hands are like ice.

I thought I'd escaped this part of it all...as I've been having the hormonal changes and lack of ovulation/menstrual cycles for over 3 years now. But this hit so suddenly.

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                      now I'm searching out a cold place
                      imagine you're not having trouble finding a cold place now!

Comment

• The hot flashes have settled down a lot. Thankfully! They were so intense for awhile, then they just stopped, a few days ago.
                        I do feel like my body stays warmer in general now, where I was always cold before. Maybe this won't be such a bad thing.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

thanks, Popcorn & Candy

didn't have time before but do want to address some of the points re article
                          - never grew up wanting to...

Today, 12:48 PM By amy40
                        • Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

Hello!
                          The most important advice that has already been in this discussion is to spend more calories than getting them! I myself adhere to this tactic:...

Today, 08:38 AM By Nate Julia
                        • Reply to Acne

Acne is a most common skin disease. Avoid chemical. Use natural products. Wash your face twice a day. Use lemon juice. It's really work.

Today, 08:25 AM By sarabjot
                        • Reply to Hello

Hello Everyone, I am here new. I am Sarabjot. I am working at Sofat Infertility Centre. I am From Ludhiana , Punjab.

Today, 08:23 AM By sarabjot
                        • Reply to Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

Thank you both soooo much. You both have helped me realise what I know deep down is right. I feel like I want to send you both chocolates !!!!! I have...

Yesterday, 06:29 PM By secretkeeper

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
                        • Hello

Hi, Everyone!

Greetings all. I am a new member here

02-26-2019, 04:58 AM By alexcarey
                        • Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

What do I do in this situation? I value all your thoughts here. My husband and I had a couple we spent quite a bit of time with enjoying outings and dinners...

03-22-2019, 01:45 AM By secretkeeper
                        • Whats wrong with my sex?!

I have a question.. Me and my guy have been together almost 5 years. We used to have amazing sex. Now... It's few and far between. Every time he goes...

03-22-2019, 10:25 AM By stateofconfusion
                        • Mid-Cycle Bleeding

Hi,

Okay, so in November I had a nervous breakdown. Had a normal cycle until February. About day 16-18 I had brown and clumpy spotting, right...

03-22-2019, 06:23 PM By almostbritain
                        Working...
                        X