Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PMDD and being in the healthcare field

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• PMDD and being in the healthcare field

I have to ask your opinion.

I have been suffering from PMDD for years now (I'm 39).
    I am taking cymbalta and Midol during the real bad days.

I still have some real bad months (especially if I don't keep track of the days on the calender).

It affects me at work and at home, but it seems to go away while I'm in a patient room (helping others).

If you were a patient coming to the practice I see patients at (I'm an NP), would you want to see me knowing I have what I have?

• Of course! if you honestly believe you have a clear head when you are practicing then i don't see why not, in fact, you might have insight into that issue that could be valuable for a patient with the same problem. If you are seeing positive results then you have no reason to worry.

Comment

• I agree with the other response! I would have no problem at all being your patient. The fact that you are asking at all is a good indicator that you're responsible and want the best for your patients. PMDD can be a challenge, yes, but it doesn't automatically prevent you from providing good medical care (or doing any job). I think your concern shows you're probably a better health care provider than those who never stop to evaluate themselves.
      Good luck & keep up the good work!
      Melissa

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Naked attention

I always find it interesting how different and similar people are naked. It saddens me when people, especially women have body confidence issues, because...

Today, 01:33 AM By MrMr
      • Fingers

.... Dgh

Today, 01:08 AM By MrMr
      • Reply to PTSD

Hhdhnko

Yesterday, 11:35 PM By MrMr
      • Reply to PTSD

Therapy and the open and willingness to accept charge has changed my life.

??????Helping others is a sensation im sure everyone everyone...

Yesterday, 11:21 PM By MrMr
      • Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

Not a fan of "diets" but lost 1.5 stone in 2 months doing keto. Have viable abs for the first time in ages and actually feel pretty good. I...

Yesterday, 10:26 PM By MrMr

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X