Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a condition or just me?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Is this a condition or just me?

I used to be an outgoing person but now I am shy and my self esteem is lower than dirt.I use to be able to walk up to someone and talk to them.

I feel like I'm wasting the best years of my life.I'm 14,iv been like this sense I was 10.I want to enjoy high school but I don`t even have any real friends.

I have one major regret and it is the main reason I want to change so bad now.On V-Day a girl I used to speak with died of an XTC overdose.I went to school with her and we talked through IM every once in a while.She invited me to a couple of her parties but I told her both times I couldn't go but TBH I really had nothing better to do.

She lived in walking distance from my place and I never bothered to really get to know her because I couldn't come out of my shell.

What upsets me is I don`t really know why I'm like this.My doctor had scheduled a psychiatric appointment for me but my mother wants to cancel it.

For some awkward reason my mother dose not like for me or my sister to be on any mental meds or even see counselors.

My sister is possibly bi-polar and she also had one scheduled but mom canceled it.

Sooooo to put this in short do I need anti-depressants or just self healing?

Answers are much apretiated
    13-15
    0.00%
    16-19
    0.00%
    20-23
    75.00%
    What ever age as long as they flell ready
    25.00%
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 08-10-2009, 12:29 AM. Reason: paragraphing for readers.

• Take yourself back to when you "used" to be outgoing... Why was that, when? Was that when you had a group of friends and now that this has passed, you have gone into your shell frightened to make new ones?

Your Mother obviously can not come to terms with illnesses or people just needing someone to talk to about problems, she herself may be in a shell so to speak, or she just doesn't believe in medications etc..

But, this can't stop you from self help, "google" the word, any word that you feel you need to know more about " how to make new friends" for instance.

And, start your new journey yourself, nothing can stop us being whom we want to be in life if that is what we want.

Your Poll and your thread are two different questions....

I don't believe there is an age whereby you can have sex regularily as long as it's legal then again, do what you wish as many times as you wish.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• There could be many reasons for this change. Do you associate this girl's death with your change in sociability? It's not unusual as we move into our teen for our interests and friends to change. You are at the age when that can become pretty pronounced.

Not going to your old freind's parties may have been a very good thing for you, since she was into or getting into drugs. Let me suggest that you get down to the library and see if they have a book called, Highly Sensitive People by Elaine Aron, she also has a web site. You may be an HSP. At least look at the book, see if you think you may fit the profile? We are a rather special and essential, but often undervalued 10% of the society. If you are it really helps to understand what being an HSP is about.

This is a good time to explore possible interests and try out different possiblities. What do you like to do, what interests you? Is there anything that just grabs your attention? I bet if you start getting into some special interest you will find some others who share that interest and that can be a good basis for freindship.

Comment

• Oops

t
        Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
        Take yourself back to when you "used" to be outgoing... Why was that, when? Was that when you had a group of friends and now that this has passed, you have gone into your shell frightened to make new ones?

Your Mother obviously can not come to terms with illnesses or people just needing someone to talk to about problems, she herself may be in a shell so to speak, or she just doesn't believe in medications etc..

But, this can't stop you from self help, "google" the word, any word that you feel you need to know more about " how to make new friends" for instance.

And, start your new journey yourself, nothing can stop us being whom we want to be in life if that is what we want.

Your Poll and your thread are two different questions....

I don't believe there is an age whereby you can have sex regularily as long as it's legal then again, do what you wish as many times as you wish.

CW
        Didn`t kno the thread and question wher supposed to match.

Comment

• Aweeee... it doesn't it just confused us a little cause you were asking two questions in one thread .... So I answered both...

So did anything anyone said as a reply to you help?

CW
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
            Aweeee... it doesn't it just confused us a little cause you were asking two questions in one thread .... So I answered both...

So did anything anyone said as a reply to you help?

CW
            Ja a little.I still have no clue why i`v been so down and sluggish over the past few years no matter how hard I thin about it.I just think I have low self esteem but that's a huge kink to work out.
            Thanks for the answer.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Body hair removal

Nobody likes the unnecessary facial hair on their body, especially on arms and face. The terrible beauty salon visits and the sound of thread can give...

Today, 03:01 AM By holistichealing
            • How Important Is Your Skincare Routine To You?

Mine is very important.

I wash my face every night, like a religion. I also use face cream every night afterwards. I shower every morning:...

Yesterday, 04:01 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Reply to Sent home from hospital with no answers. HELP

I'd also be interested in an update.

How are you, Goggle1?

Yesterday, 03:57 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Reply to PTSD

Therapy does work: I know this, too. I also think looking into oneself in life works. Being open to change always helps heal the heart. Taking care of...

Yesterday, 03:55 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Reply to Do You Love Your Teeth?

I LOVE brushing my teeth twice a day, every day. I use an electric toothbrush at night and a manual toothbrush in the morning.

I have beautiful...

Yesterday, 03:51 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X