Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buspar

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Buspar

My doctor is trying me on something new. I've been on paxil and then on lexapro for the last 6 years which have worked well with my severe anxiety but I have horrible night sweats and I panic well I'm falling asleep everynight. So time for something new.

Well I've been off lexapro for a week and half and on Buspar for a week now... First I had never heard of Buspar before this. Has anyone else and has it worked for them? Curious because I'm really not sure how much more of this withdrawl/ starting a new med I can take. Constant dizziness, hot flashes, nausia. It's horrible. I'm afraid to keep going w/ this and have another month of feeling like this without a good result from this new medication.

Any feed back would be appreciated and hopefully some good results from someone on Buspar!!!!

• I have been on alot of psychiatric medication over the years. I have taken Buspar but it did not do anything for me. I have taken alot of antidepressants which also did not work. The only thing that has ever worked for me was Seroquel only because I think it helped with calming my nerves and I was more rested. I know the side effects can be bad with these medicines. The only thing I noticed with Seroquel was weight gain but I didnt take it forever. If you are having trouble and cant handle the medicine tell your doctor but it does take awhile for your body to adjust. Hope everyhing works out.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Naked attention

I always find it interesting how different and similar people are naked. It saddens me when people, especially women have body confidence issues, because...

Today, 01:33 AM By MrMr
    • Fingers

.... Dgh

Today, 01:08 AM By MrMr
    • Reply to PTSD

Hhdhnko

Yesterday, 11:35 PM By MrMr
    • Reply to PTSD

Therapy and the open and willingness to accept charge has changed my life.

??????Helping others is a sensation im sure everyone everyone...

Yesterday, 11:21 PM By MrMr
    • Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

Not a fan of "diets" but lost 1.5 stone in 2 months doing keto. Have viable abs for the first time in ages and actually feel pretty good. I...

Yesterday, 10:26 PM By MrMr

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X