Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am i depressed?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Am i depressed?

Hi All,

I need some advice. Lately i have been feeling disconnected from everyone around me....even my closest friends. I have a great job, a fantastic boyfriend (although he lives three hrs away) and no health issues.

I cry at strange times, often for no reason, am eating almost constantly and can't concentrate on anything i need to do. The littlest things will make me upset and i can't bring myself to be around people at the moment.

I want to be happy and fun all the time so people don't think i'm a crazy lady but my moods are so all over the place i don't know what they think of me!

Does anyone have any advice?

• depression is tough...

Hi there, it sounds like you may have a chemical imbalance that is causing your depression symptoms. I have struggled with depression for most of my life, until I talked with my doctor and got medication for it. Now I feel like myself again! I would highly suggest that you do this, your doctor may also recommend seeing a therapist. This is not your fault, it's a chemical imbalance in your brain (called serotonin) that makes you feel hopelessness and lose interest in things that you normally enjoy. There are many medications out there that treat depression, it may take a while before you find the one that works for you without side-effects. Good luck, and hang in there.

Comment

• I've been depressed for quite awhile, and your symptoms sound like it to me also. Sometimes depression is a temporary thing that only comes once in your lifetime due to a major stressor and sometimes it's chronic, but nevertheless, if you're feeling this way, you should consult a professional to find out what it likely is. Good luck!

Comment

• Ask yourself, why you feel this way, what are you missing in your life, or what has hurt you?

Then you will have the answer and be able to move forward..

CW
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Naked attention

I always find it interesting how different and similar people are naked. It saddens me when people, especially women have body confidence issues, because...

Today, 01:33 AM By MrMr
        • Fingers

.... Dgh

Today, 01:08 AM By MrMr
        • Reply to PTSD

Hhdhnko

Yesterday, 11:35 PM By MrMr
        • Reply to PTSD

Therapy and the open and willingness to accept charge has changed my life.

??????Helping others is a sensation im sure everyone everyone...

Yesterday, 11:21 PM By MrMr
        • Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

Not a fan of "diets" but lost 1.5 stone in 2 months doing keto. Have viable abs for the first time in ages and actually feel pretty good. I...

Yesterday, 10:26 PM By MrMr

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X