Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going round and around...and around and...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Going round and around...and around and...

Eugh I just don't know how I feel anymore It goes from feeling awesome like I can do anything and take on the whole world to feeling like I've just been dropped into a big pile of(EDIT ) On the downers sometimes I feel very depressed but most of the time I just feel...empty? Like nothings real I'm just floating around. Feels like there's just nobody there. I feel like I have no real friends, except one. And someone who is supposed to be like my best friend barely sees me anymore because she's just with her boyf 24/7 always happens. I've just given up if she won't make the effort why should I? And what's worse is she knows I'm having a hard time right now, well I told her I got referred to a psycharitrist (sp?) and that was it. The only thing that makes me feel better right now is alcohol which I know isn't the best option but sometimes it feels like the only one.
    Sorry about this thread not much point to it I guess just feel so trapped right now
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 02-23-2010, 05:09 AM. Reason: Using syllables to go behind filter not allowed
    "Where Bright Lights and Angels meet.."

• Hmm. As I dont know much about you it may be silly of me to attempt to give any advice but I figure it couldnt hurt. First thing you might want to consider doing is telling your friend how you feel about whats going on. If she doesnt care then shes not your friend and its time to forget about her.
    You say sometimes you feel really great..What makes you feel great ? If there are certain things that happen or that you do to make you feel great, do them more often.
    You say you have no friends? Maybe you feel lonely. So get out there and socialize. Meet some new people. Have some fun. Maybe even smoke a little weed ? Better fix then alcohol...Although neither are very good when dealing with depression. But alcohol is worse because technically it is a depressant, so in the long run its only going to do more harm then good.
    From what I can tell there really is no major problem going on in your life right now, but like I said I dont know you. Anyways Good luck. Have fun, feel better !
    It is the springtime of my loving, The second season I am to know. Your are the sunlight in my growing, so little warmth Ive felt before. It isnt hard to feel me glowing, I watched the fire that grew so low - Racheal <3

Comment

• Hi

I often feel the same as Kerry, I seem to feel down alot of the time, that seems to be for no reason. I can be as happy as anything for about a week and then I know its not going to last, I seem to loose all my confidence and feel as though I have nothing in my life and feel lonely alot of the time. I often seem to search for new things in life and nothing really satisfys me. I really want to get out of this circle, no one really seems to get how im feeling and i feel as though im bringing others down with me and their starting to get fed up of me.

The way iv learnt to cope a great deal with this is to exercise iv just recently joined a gym, if I feel bored or fed up i go to the gym, it helps to clear my head. I do some classes like pilates aswell, which is really relaxing.

This is kind of my new hobby, if you have something you enjoy doing and look forward to it really helps alot

Comment

• I have a few suggestions that might help you cope in the down times.

1. exercise and diet - nothing helps your mood more than a little cardio to get your body moving and clearing out the toxins and nurtient rich food helps you balance your sugars, brain chemicals and all other body functions.

2. Energy management - you say one week you feel great and the next you feel zapped and empyt. Are you managing your time? When you feel great are you taking on the world like you think you can only to be self defeated by the pressure of not being able to deliever on anything you have promised.

3. say no to booze and drugs - really there are no answer at the bottem of that bottle and it may numb you from your feelings but alcohol is a depressant and those down feelings will only rebound and double. When you feel down try exercise, meditation - even a good cry to clear out those emotions.

we all feel down we all feel the pressure when circumstances are piling up around us. you are not alone and what i have suggested is no cure for the problems you face but they may help you cope and find solutions in the process of taking good care of yourself.

I hope you find peace in your day

Comment

• Hey Kerry, your girlfriend isn't doing anything wrong, she has found someone and is happy and the time left, she loves you.

If your not happy in your life and everything seems to be negative, find the positives.

Have a deep think and write them down, they are there...

Then write a list of who you are, what you want and go girlfriend, ...

CW
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
            Hey Kerry, your girlfriend isn't doing anything wrong, she has found someone and is happy and the time left, she loves you.
            If your not happy in your life and everything seems to be negative, find the positives.

Have a deep think and write them down, they are there...

Then write a list of who you are, what you want and go girlfriend, ...

CW
            Eeh..sorry huh? lol (gf part)

Comment

• Try taking vitamin D3. Most people don't get enough and during the often cloudy, short days of winter they get even less. I was skeptical because I do work out side part of the time but it has made a big difference for me. I had gone from being the energizer bunny to just dragging and after a couple of weeks on the D3 was feeling much more myself.
              It certainly can't hurt you and just might help.

Comment

• And someone who is supposed to be like my best friend barely sees me anymore because she's just with her boyf 24/7 always happens. I've just given up if she won't make the effort why should I? And what's worse is she knows I'm having a hard time right now, well I told her I got referred to a psycharitrist (sp?) and that was it.

Eeh..sorry huh? lol (gf part)
                Okay, fair call. I commented on the fact she has someone in her life and people do change in that regard... They, seem to sometimes back off from the time they previously spent with friends.

So, when you told her you were seeing a psycharitrist what actually did she say? And, did she not call you to see how it went?

If not, and she said nada, sure, then she was only "using you" for friendship when she had no one in her life.. So, she's not a real friend.

You know, my Grandmother always told me we can count our friends on our fingers, one hand, throughout our life. The rest are called acquaintances and I believe in that.

I don't know how old you are, but maybe it's time to consider letting your guard down and making new friends, with the understanding that one will stand out and be true and the rest will be acquaintances...

It's very hard to be on your own in life, but if you don't change the pattern that's the way it will remain.

CW

Comment

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
                  Okay, fair call. I commented on the fact she has someone in her life and people do change in that regard... They, seem to sometimes back off from the time they previously spent with friends.

So, when you told her you were seeing a psycharitrist what actually did she say? And, did she not call you to see how it went?

If not, and she said nada, sure, then she was only "using you" for friendship when she had no one in her life.. So, she's not a real friend.

You know, my Grandmother always told me we can count our friends on our fingers, one hand, throughout our life. The rest are called acquaintances and I believe in that.

I don't know how old you are, but maybe it's time to consider letting your guard down and making new friends, with the understanding that one will stand out and be true and the rest will be acquaintances...

It's very hard to be on your own in life, but if you don't change the pattern that's the way it will remain.

CW
                  oooh see I thought you meant like my partner lol I was just a bit confused sorry x

Comment

• hahahaha, well that's cause I used the L word, but I use that all the time

Comment

• Hi There,

I'm new here so I'm just reading the threads, but this one compelled me to write. The way you feel - one week happy and energetic like you can take on the world, the next empty and depressed - I feel that way often as well. I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. First I was wrongly diagnosed with depression because I could not identify my manic periods. Once I started seeing a therapist in addition to seeing a psychiatrist, I was able to identify the periods where I felt like I could take on the world as mania.

My feeling of being able to take on the world mostly got me into trouble; spending money I didn't have, being riskily promiscuous, driving drunk, bouncing checks to pay for things because I had spent all my money, etc.

I realized through therapy that my feeling of being able to take on the world was actually a feeling of invincibility. I felt like all the things I was doing would never catch up with me, and that's just being unreal. I don't know what kind of behaviors you are accustomed to doing when you feel "on top of the world," but you may want to discuss them with your psychiatrist, and maybe even a therapist.

I've been on a combination of medications that seemed to be helping with my mania/depression/anxiety for a while, but I've recently moved and I have that feeling of emptiness, depression, and just being generally unhappy with myself and other people.

I think it's good that you've been referred to a psychiatrist. It doesn't make you weird or crazy, it just means that you're finally accepting help from people who are there to offer it.

Don't be discouraged if you have to try many different medications before you find the right concoction. It took me four years to find the right meds.

Let me know how your appointment goes or went. I genuinely care.

Comment

• Originally posted by bipolar but pretty View Post
                        Hi There,

I'm new here so I'm just reading the threads, but this one compelled me to write. The way you feel - one week happy and energetic like you can take on the world, the next empty and depressed - I feel that way often as well. I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. First I was wrongly diagnosed with depression because I could not identify my manic periods. Once I started seeing a therapist in addition to seeing a psychiatrist, I was able to identify the periods where I felt like I could take on the world as mania.

My feeling of being able to take on the world mostly got me into trouble; spending money I didn't have, being riskily promiscuous, driving drunk, bouncing checks to pay for things because I had spent all my money, etc.

I realized through therapy that my feeling of being able to take on the world was actually a feeling of invincibility. I felt like all the things I was doing would never catch up with me, and that's just being unreal. I don't know what kind of behaviors you are accustomed to doing when you feel "on top of the world," but you may want to discuss them with your psychiatrist, and maybe even a therapist.

I've been on a combination of medications that seemed to be helping with my mania/depression/anxiety for a while, but I've recently moved and I have that feeling of emptiness, depression, and just being generally unhappy with myself and other people.

I think it's good that you've been referred to a psychiatrist. It doesn't make you weird or crazy, it just means that you're finally accepting help from people who are there to offer it.

Don't be discouraged if you have to try many different medications before you find the right concoction. It took me four years to find the right meds.

Let me know how your appointment goes or went. I genuinely care.
                        Thanks for all the words, I've considered the possibility of bi-polar but I also have days were I am level headed and don't feel completely miserable and don't feel completely high, that's why I'm sceptical as to whether or not I have it?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                        X