Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gambling.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Gambling.

Hi everyone I'm sarah. I am still somewhat new to this site. Just joined a little awhile ago. I was looking under this thread and didn't see one for gambling. I thought i would make one.I was inspired to make one when i saw a thread for AA.I am hoping to start a thread to make people aware of this horrific addiction that sadly so many people suffer from.Which i understand is just like any other addiction. I've been looking all over the net for support groups. The Alanon meetings which people call them.However they are are too far for myself to travel being i have a hard time seeing at night.. I am here for support and maybe hopefully run across someone or a couple with the same problem in their relationship. It is an addiction I've been struggling with my fiancee for almost 2years now. I really want to try to be as patient and loving and supportive as i can. I understand i need to be there for him and can do nothing more. However while he is getting healed i have to too. It eats me alive. The anxiety anad worries and tensions NEVER stop.I'd like to start a thread and maybe get a support group going. Not only for myself but for others who are struggling. I attend meetings with my fiance we've started going ever Snday.However emonionally I am having a hard time with my feelings and trying to keep it in. I am not allowed to talk during the meetings only he is. I would like to be able to come to a place wheather on here or go somewhere a counselor or something like that to get some relief and frustrations out. Mind you he made his last bet 1/25/2010. Which I am grateful for. However my worry will never go away. It is hard to accept this. I want so desperately for this to be healed which in time i know it will. I just hate this hanging over my head and hanging over our relationship. I love him with all my heart and soul and he's just my best friend. I don't want to have have to or be forced to live my life without him. That would be too much for my heart to take. I just wonder can I have a relationship that so desperately want. I truly have what i want without the worry and anxiety? Thank you all for your help and Gambler" please feel free to contact me.Thank you all and God Bless.
    Last edited by WildChild; 02-08-2010, 07:09 AM. Reason: REmoved personal contact information
    Life's a dance you learn as you go

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X