Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unemployed

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Unemployed

Excuse me if I waffle, I have quite a few emotions running through my head.....

I graduated from University in May 2009 and since then have been practically unemployed (I do work but barely enough to pay the rent). At first I started off quite positive thinking I'd get a job but it's almost a year later and no luck. I try VERY hard and put a lot of effort into finding a job - I apply for about 10 a day which is not bad going I don't think, certainly not lazy! But still no luck...

Now it's got to the point where I can't face getting out of bed in the morning, I don't want to have sex with my boyfriend (I'll happily oblige because I feel that it's an important part of a relationship but I don't really get 'horny' any more). I've also put on weight (not much but enough for me to feel a bit less attractive than I was a few months ago), and I'm in such a fragile mood all the time.

I feel so useless, like noone wants me. I'm hardworking, pretty smart etc. and it;s just so depressing putting all you've got to offer into a job application and being turned down again and again and again.

Has anyone else been through this? Sorry to moan, I'm just at the end of my tether...

• You sound a little depressed.

What kind of medical help do you have available to you? Primary care doctor? Psychiatrist?

What kind of job-finding services are available to you? What did you study? What kind of job are you looking for?

I'm in the same boat--unemployed. I see a psychiatrist regularly, as I've been depressed in the past. I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with me being stable.

Best of luck to you! Hope you get a job and/or feel better really soon!

Comment

• i am unemployed too at the moment, i had to leave my job, so we could move to the city. i know its difficult, cant really give any advice, but i know where your coming from, it only been a month for me. good luck, could you maybe do an entry level position until something better comes along?

Comment

• im going to see my doctor this saturday so hopefully she can give me some advice about what to do next. happy ending, ive also been looking at short courses etc. just to keep me busy and something to put on the CV - great advice!

hope you ladies get some luck on the job front soon and things pick up

Comment

• thats the spirit hanni, it will show prospective employers that you were using the time conscrutively too, i am using the time to sort out some personal business as well as job hunting.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X