Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biofeedback

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Biofeedback

I'm searching for ways to get out of my depression and obsession. Has anyone every tried biofeedback?

• Yes, I have tried biofeedback. I was seeing a psychiatrist at the time and she sent me to another doctor to try biofeedback. this doctor claimed to be a pioneer in her field. This was back in 1994. I had to see her 3 times a week and the goal was to do 30 sessions. Each sessions was 125 dollars. Sadly I have to be honest. For me it was a total rip off. I did get to hear the doctor talk about all the horses she owned at her ranch. I figured thats where all the 125 dollar sessions were going. Anyway all they do is hook up your head to a bunch of electrodes and let you lay in a recliner in a darkened room for about 45 minutes. then you hear these funny bleep sounds coming through the wall. The doctor told me that was your brain communicating to you. She even said during the 7th sessions I might recover repressed memories from my childhood. That never happened. I quit because I couldnt bear watching my parents dish out the money plus all of my weekly paychecks to pay for it. Did it help? No. Thats just my experience.

Comment

• If you're looking for true feedback from your mind... talk to it! Your subconscious mind to be more precise.

This is taken from the book "Mastering Your Hidden Self: A Guide to the Huna Way." The author, Serge Kahili King, has a Ph D. in psychology and has written many books on many things.

First, get in to a comfortable position. Whatever works best for you. Next, close your eyes and take a deep, slow breath. Now give it a name. For the most part, the name you give him/her will be acceptable. If there is no response to that name, ask what it wants to be called and then use that name.

Now that you the attention of your subconscious mind, ask it questions. The responses can be verbal, images/scenery, or both. If you don't understand a picture that's being shown, or an answer that's given, ask for clarification.

Don't be so quick to dismiss this as you giving yourself answers consciously. A lot of my friends did this and didn't realize just how much they had actually learned until I pointed it out to them.

Give it a shot. You'll be surprised at what you discover about yourself.

OG
      Through hypnosis, I create confident men and women to succeed in all facets of their lives. This place will soon get very interesting

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Naked attention

I always find it interesting how different and similar people are naked. It saddens me when people, especially women have body confidence issues, because...

Today, 01:33 AM By MrMr
      • Fingers

.... Dgh

Today, 01:08 AM By MrMr
      • Reply to PTSD

Hhdhnko

Yesterday, 11:35 PM By MrMr
      • Reply to PTSD

Therapy and the open and willingness to accept charge has changed my life.

??????Helping others is a sensation im sure everyone everyone...

Yesterday, 11:21 PM By MrMr
      • Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

Not a fan of "diets" but lost 1.5 stone in 2 months doing keto. Have viable abs for the first time in ages and actually feel pretty good. I...

Yesterday, 10:26 PM By MrMr

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X