Why do I feel so obsessed with my body?

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I feel so obsessed with my body?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Why do I feel so obsessed with my body?

Whether I really hate something or really love it...Sometimes I feel really obsessed with how much I hate my body...And this is a little embarrassing to say, and I feel really weird saying this, but sometimes I feel obsessed and really love "my girl parts." I don't know why, but it feels weird. Is this normal?
    Love is my message.
    ~Michael Jackson~

• Based on your posting history, you seemed to be obsessed with a lot of things. Why don't you try to relax, unwind, and just enjoy yourself being you?

Frequent obsessing about things can lead to obsessive compulsiveness which is a tough way to live.

I don't think it "weird" at all to love your body or its parts. As a matter of fact, I think it's pretty important. As long as you don't obesess over it .

Comment

• Its normal, unfortunately. We are conditioned to feel like we must strive for physical perfection , anything that we personally feel falls short of that we're going to dislike and things we think meet or exceed societal expectations we are going to bask in... its just the way it is. Sure there are varienances on this as some people love things about their bodies others would hate and vice versa but for the most part this is why people dress the way they do. A girl that loves her boobs is probably going to wear low cut shirts showing them off... a girl that HATES her boobs is likely going to hide them under layers of of sweaters etc...

I have days I look in the mirror and think , hot mama. I have days i sit and pick apart every last flaw and feel downright worthless over them.
      Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeless Dork View Post
        Its normal, unfortunately. We are conditioned to feel like we must strive for physical perfection , anything that we personally feel falls short of that we're going to dislike and things we think meet or exceed societal expectations we are going to bask in... its just the way it is. Sure there are varienances on this as some people love things about their bodies others would hate and vice versa but for the most part this is why people dress the way they do. A girl that loves her boobs is probably going to wear low cut shirts showing them off... a girl that HATES her boobs is likely going to hide them under layers of of sweaters etc...

I have days I look in the mirror and think , hot mama. I have days i sit and pick apart every last flaw and feel downright worthless over them.
        Thanks, but my problem is most of the time I absolutely hate my body and I'm not fat I just don't like my body...I don't really like much about my outer appearance. There are very few times when I actually feel good about or love my body.
        Love is my message.
        ~Michael Jackson~

Comment

• Originally posted by Seeker_Advice View Post
          Based on your posting history, you seemed to be obsessed with a lot of things. Why don't you try to relax, unwind, and just enjoy yourself being you?

Frequent obsessing about things can lead to obsessive compulsiveness which is a tough way to live.

I don't think it "weird" at all to love your body or its parts. As a matter of fact, I think it's pretty important. As long as you don't obesess over it .
          I don't know how to not worry or enjoy myself, I just have no clue what I should do so I won't think this way about myself...
          Love is my message.
          ~Michael Jackson~

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X