Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disturbed by Rape Scene

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Disturbed by Rape Scene

I accidently saw this rape scene from the last house on the left and omg..im freaking out

I feel really strange and I cant sleep I was wondering if anyone could help
    After I saw it I just changed it >_<

Then I got curious cause I molested to back then...so I started searching about Rape and how to prevent it, ive even been practicing how to fight hehe.

But yeah im kinda freaked out :/
    I was also on yahoo answers and saw this question that messed me up its about some news about how a Husband was tied and forced to watch his Wife be raped :"( im really disturbed and I feel really reallyyy weird about all this

I wish I never had got so curious about this, but now its all scaring me...I dont even wanna go out anymore .

• Did you report what you saw? That can help you, as you helped someone.

DON'T google rape, it will definately cause you grief, especially as it has happened to you before, google something nice, put something nice in your mind and re-focus on that..

It's great that your learning to protect yourself Don't stop practicing.....

It may also be a good idea, to see someone, so you can let go of what happened to you.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Those movies are based on the unimaginable, solely to make money. Yes it is disturbing the violence and sadistic nature that Hollywood creates but those things are not what you will see in your everyday life. There are bad people out there, there are people who rape others, there are those that murder for sheer pleasure but you cannot live in fear that something bad will happen to you because you saw it in a movie. Do not go searching for the things you know you will not like seeing or reading about, that will only reinforce your fear. Realize that it was just a movie you saw, it will not happen to you, you know how to protect yourself, you are not going to put yourself in harms way.
      There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• I've never seen the film but I've heard about it, and it sounds like it was created purely for shock value and terrifying the viewer as much as possible. But it's important to keep in mind that it is only a film, a work of fiction and the product of someone's imagination, rather than being based on reality.

Comment

• You experienced a trigger. Something that reminded you of your own assault and created feelings of fear and anxiety and brought back bad memories. Its a good rule to follow to avoid things that trigger those feelings so that you don't live in a perpetual state of trauma and grief. However if you have never dealt with what happened to you, you may be harboring feelings, like CW mentioned... that you just havent let go of. Bottling things up is an itty bitty band aid... over a wound that outsizes it.. pretending things didn't happen can be a great way to make it through the day -- but the problem with doing both of those things is it keeps seeping out, the feelings , the fear, keep ressurfacing because they have not been addressed. So for long term healing , talking to someone will help you get through it more than you know.

I spent years bottling up the abuse I went through as a child and spent my teenage years overly promiscuously -- i think it was my way of dealing with what happened to me... not to mention I still hadn't learned my worth, the sense of self-worth I should have had... that was taken from me. Not dealing with it lead me to put myself in positions where I could be/and was... hurt again.

Abuse, Rape, it all manifests its pain in different ways in different people. But never having dealt with something, never having forgiven yourself for any guilt you may have felt about anything that happened to you (most women seem to burden themselves with what happened, as if they did something to deserve it) to realize you WE'RE a victim.

I'd suggest a counselor or a visit to your local rape crisis center if you don't have medical insurance or a way to speak to a professional 1 to 1. And I'd definitly avoid watching movies, reading websites.. that trigger the memories and emotions you haven't gotten sorted out in your mind as it will only serve to give you the anxiety you are experiencing now.
          Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• Thanks all of you. I will just avoid any bad stuff in movies etc. Ill talk with a counselor about it, so I can ease up a bit and be able to sleep.
            Im taking karate lessons hehe, so now I actually feel more safe when going out to the grocery or with my mom or something ill be able to kick butt

But thanks, you guys make me feel better ^_____________^ thats why I came here in the first place, I knew i would get help here, Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!

Comment

• Don't hide behind your fears sweet....ever...

CW
              PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I understand what you mean, I think that movie is a true story...I looked it up and it's based on true events...but I understand what you mean, when I saw that I wanted to cry.
                Love is my message.
                ~Michael Jackson~

Comment

• Movies can be "based" on true events, but not really be at all related to what really happened - its just a marketing ploy. I'm not saying that terrible things don't happen, they do, but what is shown in movies is usually completely made up.

Comment

• I have made a conscious choice not to watch disturbing movies or news. I choose to watch things that make me laugh or feel good. I agree with CW, focus on good things and you will feel better!

"Take the first step in faith - You don't have to see the whole staircase - just take the first step."
                    - Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    Working...
                    X