Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So confused and scared.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• So confused and scared.

Hi, I'm new to the forums and am at my wit's end. I really feel like I'm going insane.

I am female in my thirties who has been diagnosed schizophrenic (on meds). I'm also a part-time bulimic and depressed. I struggle so badly with these things. Not making any progress but I'm trying to stay afloat.

Anyway, I'm writing because I don't know how to deal with the nightmares I'm having.

The last one really sent me over the edge.

I was raped, beaten (they beat me so bad my teeth were broken), robbed and had a gun put to my head and the trigger pulled twice but the gun didn't go off. Then I was thrown into the middle of the circle and the man was going to kill me but someone said she's sick and the guy spared me.

It was so vivid and my thoughts tell me that this will happen as punishment by God for not marrying this man Chris. I don't love him and that's why I didn't date him. I'm so confused and I'm scared and feeling guilty and I'm at my sickest.

I don't know what to do...

• Talk with your psychiatrist or psychologist. They are going to know how to help you out, how to deal with the nightmares, how to help your depression.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsASecret View Post
      Talk with your psychiatrist or psychologist. They are going to know how to help you out, how to deal with the nightmares, how to help your depression.
      Talk with the psychiatrist or psychologist now, do not wait. It sounds like your meds are not at the right levels. Get an emergency appointment. DO NOT WAIT!!! DO IT NOW!!!
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• If you need to talk with someone and you are in the USA you can call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). This is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, but they can also help out with many other problems including mental illness.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Oh Lilly,

No one should go through such dark nightmares, we are so glad that you came to us..

Would you please take the member's advice above..I too think your medication levels are not right..

Would you please also let us know how you are...

CW
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I'm sorry!!

I'm feeling a lot better. Ive just been journaling everything. EVERYTHING!! I feel calm now. I'm gonna keep writing whenever I feel bad. My doctor can't see me till the 4th he's booked and I'm still stressed but I guess I just have to wait. Thank you for the phone number and thank you for responding. Thank you!!

Comment

• Hey Lilly

Definately, keep posting here, we'd love to be here for you through this until the 4th.

Think of something you really love, and everytime you feel stressed, think of that...Maybe write it down as well bolder, larger so you can read it..

CW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilly30 View Post
                I'm feeling a lot better. Ive just been journaling everything. EVERYTHING!! I feel calm now. I'm gonna keep writing whenever I feel bad. My doctor can't see me till the 4th he's booked and I'm still stressed but I guess I just have to wait. Thank you for the phone number and thank you for responding. Thank you!!
                Lilly, I'm happy to know that you are feeling better. Best wishes and the best of luck. Write to us here once in a while, when you have time.

jns

Comment

• Hi Lilly,

How did you go at your Doctors on the 4th?

Hope to hear back from you and hope your doing much better.

CW

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  Working...
                  X