I feel that i have to act my emotions.

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel that i have to act my emotions.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I feel that i have to act my emotions.

sometimes i just feel like a machine acting out all these emotions. After puberty I have felt quite mechanic and like not real in a sense? I'm in university at the moment and its like i'm not really there. On the outside i am but Inside like happiness and love aren't... Don't get me wrong I love my family and everyone, but i think i am having mental issues about letting other people in to my life and loving them. For example i was with my ex for like ages and after he announced it was over, i really couldn't care less. Its like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I get this when i start a new relationship, all the cons come in to mind and i panic if i have to see them, and Its an obsticle I cannot seem to over come... Does that make any sense? :/
    Last edited by Holly Louise; 01-17-2011, 09:23 AM.

• Originally posted by Holly Louise View Post
    sometimes i just feel like a machine acting out all these emotions. After puberty I have felt quite mechanic and like not real in a sense? I'm in university at the moment and its like i'm not really there. On the outside i am but Inside like happiness and love aren't... Don't get me wrong I love my family and everyone, but i think i am having mental issues about letting other people in to my life and loving them. For example i was with my ex for like ages and after he announced it was over, i really couldn't care less. Its like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I get this when i start a new relationship, all the cons come in to mind and i panic if i have to see them, and Its an obsticle I cannot seem to over come... Does that make any sense? :/
    Originally posted by Holly Louise View Post
    I seem to have the need and urge to sleep more and more lately, if i have a nap though i can't sleep in the evening and I can never seem to get in to gear in the mornings. My brain just doesn't seem to want to wake up. :/ Any suggestions?
    You may be going through a bout of depression. Go to the student services office or medical office and get an appointment to see someone about this. The symptoms seem classical.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X