Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distress over stressed out friend

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Knebi

Yes, a positive person can often turn a negative person into thinking positively and in that, they go on their new journey in life.

A "sick" person, is sick... An "evil person is evil"..A good person is a good person...We are sometimes limited in what we can do, based on that person... There was something that you did that you were meant to do, so you've done your job, you haven't failed at all... Maybe it wasn't about Ken, maybe it was about his sister....

The moment it changes you, and stops you from feeling the good you are doing, is the moment you need to walk away from that negative energy.

Looks like that is what you are doing and I am glad.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Not done yet. One week til court and I'm going for 3 reasons. 1st is that I want to do no harm and having a no-contact order stand will not look good on his abyssmal record. 2nd I promised him I would be there for him if he needed anything and that cannot be with the no-contact order. 3rd is the most important. He does not handle stress well and just knowing he has somewhere to turn may keep him from actually needing me for anything. I had another man, a friend of the first, stay here for a week during a bad time for him. I am still happier than anybody I know around here and will continue to do what I do. Thank you for talking to me and listening as well. I'll let you know how court goes.

Comment

• Less distress

Court was today and all is well. My friend was not high and hearing him speak in a normal state of mind brought tears to my eyes. I haven't cried in many years so that is a huge reaction. The judge vacated the no-contact order and we left together and went out to breakfast. He has an apartment so I gave him some of my stuff and food. He even gave me a hug.

Comment

• Less stress but still worried

Something is not right about my friend's stories of his new life. I am being hustled still but I believe my efforts to improve his life may not have been a total waste of time. I think he's changed drugs to one that is not as bad as what he was using. His friends and neighbors obviously up to something and he's in his element. Normal life may be just too boring for him.

Comment

• Then you know the truth...

Hustled as in money yet you feel the efforts are not a waste of time, yet he is doing some form of drugs, people are hiding information and life is not boring for him as a result.

Have a think.

CW
            PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Today, 04:33 AM By Timf
            • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

Yesterday, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Reply to Healthcare Apps

That sounds like a really good idea, Anya Joe. Keeping track of the calories you're burning must work. To me, I wouldn't use such a device myself, but...

Yesterday, 04:41 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Reply to Hello All

Hi, ConnieBlake. I am a regular member on here and look forward to offering you any advice you might need.

There're loads of people with...

Yesterday, 04:38 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Reply to Nice to meet you!

Welcome to WH! I look forward to reading your posts!

Yesterday, 04:36 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Today, 04:33 AM By Timf
            • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

Yesterday, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
            • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
            • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
            Working...
            X