Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheating caused commitmentl issues?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Cheating caused commitmentl issues?

Hello everyone, I wasn't quite sure where to post this question so if this is not the correct board, I apologize.

Just in the past couple of days my girlfriend and I split up. I've been taking it rather hard the last couple days because I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with this girl and now its looking like all the thoughts and dreams for the future are a lost cause. Now before I go any further, it is important to mention that when she was younger, in her early teen years, her parents got separated because her dad cheated on her mom multiple times. She still loves her dad because after all it is her father, but she hates him for what he did to her mom... Also, when she was in high school, she dated a guy for nearly 2 years and it ended with him cheating on her and having a new girlfriend the day after the break up.

During our relationship we had some ups and downs and broke up/got back together two or three times and she told me that is why she wanted to end the relationship, because she didn't like that aspect and it was not fair to me. I've spent 5 days now thinking about nothing but "what the heck went wrong", because this is a girl who told me she wanted to marry me and that she wouldn't give up on the relationship unless I did something unforgivable (ie cheat/lay my hands on her, etc) which I would never in a million years do. Well today I think it's all starting to make sense. I am starting to believe that she is afraid of committing to anything, in all aspects of her life this is a flaw of hers, I just didn't realize how much it all made sense until now. First off, the commitment to our relationship is the most obvious, but I can recall countless times where I would ask her what she wanted to do this or that weekend, what time she was going to "x", if she wanted to go to "x" tomorrow, etc. and the responses were always..."I dont know", "Maybe", "I'm not sure". It seemed like if I tried to plan anything out more than a day in advance, the answer was "I don't know"... Now she is confiding in me telling me that now she really doesn't want to work at the summer camp that she committed to working over 4 months ago and is trying to find a way out of it. I'm the kind of person that believes you should stick to your word no matter how much you don't want to do the action so this is all showing up pretty clearly to me.

Could her parents divorce/her dad's cheating, and her high school relationship have made her afraid of committing to anything? I feel like it could have left the impression that "nothing good lasts forever" or something to that effect. Like I said, I'm no psychologist, but I feel like that would make sense. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

• It could be, but you might never know for certain.

Comment

• Now she is confiding in me telling me that now she really doesn't want to work at the summer camp that she committed to working over 4 months ago and is trying to find a way out of it. I'm the kind of person that believes you should stick to your word no matter how much you don't want to do the action so this is all showing up pretty clearly to me.

And, it could be that she wants to make her own decisions without being judged, ie) you don't agree with that...

Also she may not be someone who likes planned events, rather go with the flow....People are like that.

She may just feel that there is pressure there, from you in both of the above and can't cope with that.

CW
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
        And, it could be that she wants to make her own decisions without being judged, ie) you don't agree with that...

Also she may not be someone who likes planned events, rather go with the flow....People are like that.

She may just feel that there is pressure there, from you in both of the above and can't cope with that.

CW
        That makes sense, thanks for the response. Sorry if I upset you.

Comment

• It's hard to say what her reason was, but absolutely she could be afraid of giving all her love to someone, for fear they will cheat on her. That would be her partner's job to make her feel secure in the relationship. If you want her back, you could try, but you have to be prepared that she may have had other reasons for choosing to leave.

Comment

• Na you didn't upset me In reading that I can see where you thought that, I was just thinking she may be a little more relaxed, independant, likes to go with the flow type person and you may be the opposite to her that's all..

Bumping for more responses.
            PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Career Mom Guilt Is Real. Have You Ever Experienced It? - Let's Discuss!

Mom guilt is real! I love my profession and I love being a mom, but sometimes balancing the two can leave us moms feeling less than enough in both....

Today, 10:46 AM By Rebecca Z.
            • Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Yesterday, 04:33 AM By Timf
            • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

10-20-2019, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Reply to Healthcare Apps

That sounds like a really good idea, Anya Joe. Keeping track of the calories you're burning must work. To me, I wouldn't use such a device myself, but...

10-20-2019, 04:41 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Reply to Hello All

Hi, ConnieBlake. I am a regular member on here and look forward to offering you any advice you might need.

There're loads of people with...

10-20-2019, 04:38 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X