Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got the answers for my mental illness - CURED! Not bipolar 2 or PMMD!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Finally got the answers for my mental illness - CURED! Not bipolar 2 or PMMD!

10 years ago I can remember this mood disorder starting. My mood would get so bad and followed very closely to my menstrual cycle. I absolutely could not deal with stress. My relationships and my employment became very effected by my behavior. I was going on the deep end for what could be considered very little issues/stress. I just blew things out of proportion. At times I felt very "Jiggy" and could not control my craziness. There was even paranoia involved with my moods. I would read into everything!
    I could look at at calendar and know 13 to 14 days in to my cycle this craziness would start. It would slow down within a few days but hit in full force as I got 5 to 7 days before I started my period. I started in the last couple of years to have more symptoms. Severe memory issues, tingling in my legs and feet, extreme exhaustion, sleeping 12 to 14 hours per day, could not lose weight, dryness in my eyes and the moods were getting worst! Over 10 years I had been diagnosed with PMMD - went on Yaz , went on Seasonique -- both seemed like they were going to work but within months I got more crazy! And the tingling of my legs got worst -- making me think I may have blood clots! Over the 10 years I went on Prozac, Wellbutrin, Sarafem, Zoloft - to name a few. I would get absolutely crazy on these drugs. I would want to kill myself when the doctors put me on these drugs! I tried all the herbal supplements and increased vitamins and exercise and nothing was working!!! I found myself in the doctors office begging for help. I knew it was something physical that I could not control. I knew stress made is so much worst. It ended up my doctor ran 2 tests -- one was MMA and the other was MTHFR -- one is to see if your body can process b12 the other is to see if your body can process B9 (folic acid) -- bingo! I tested positive for MTHFR -- this is a gene mutation that your brain can not process folate. I got prescribed L-Methylfolate and my life has changed dramatically! I'm normal for the first time in my life! I don't feel "Jiggy" ever, I can rationally deal with things, I'm much clearer on things and have amazing focus. My memory has improved so much!!! I truly have a new life. Anybody out there that can NOT find the answers --- tried all the medications and feel lost like I did. I urge you to get these two simple blood test done -- MMA (methylmalonic acid test) and MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) -- these are simple blood tests -- they do take around 7 to 10 days to come back -- But I wish I would of had them done years ago! Taking this L-Methlyfolate really changed my life about 4 weeks in. Physically I started to feel better within a week of taking. I just hope I can help somebody out there just like me from going through another day of craziness when the answer can be so simple!

• Interesting. So glad you have found your answers and I hope this makes a lightbulb go off for some other women who may have the same condition!
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Many thanks for sharing this helpful story
      It would seem even doctors would not know about or think about this as possibly a case for a lot of issues, which is quite scary!

Lesson of note; sometimes we have to be our own doctors.
      I am going to tell you what you don't want to hear!
      Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Career Mom Guilt Is Real. Have You Ever Experienced It? - Let's Discuss!

Mom guilt is real! I love my profession and I love being a mom, but sometimes balancing the two can leave us moms feeling less than enough in both....

Yesterday, 10:46 AM By Rebecca Z.
      • Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

10-21-2019, 04:33 AM By Timf
      • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

10-20-2019, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to Healthcare Apps

That sounds like a really good idea, Anya Joe. Keeping track of the calories you're burning must work. To me, I wouldn't use such a device myself, but...

10-20-2019, 04:41 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to Hello All

Hi, ConnieBlake. I am a regular member on here and look forward to offering you any advice you might need.

There're loads of people with...

10-20-2019, 04:38 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X