Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Borderline Personality Disorder

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Borderline Personality Disorder

I am lead to believe that I have this and it has ruined me. I can't get a job to make money or get insurance and I can't get the help that I REALLY want and need. I want to huddle up and cry because I'm stuck and can't move. I don't want to be stuck like this for the rest of my life and not be able to live happy again. How am I supposed to get help for something I need help for but can't afford it? I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown I think.
    You've gotta be kitten me right meow!

• Have you ever been in to see a therapist who has diagnosed you with BPD? Only a professional can do so and reading material online and believing you have it can make the situation worse because you will read a lot of things that may not be true, or over exaggerated, or not even apply to you. You will need to find some way to get in to see a therapist if you are to be diagnosed and then follow the treatment plan that the therapist offers. Not much else you can do unfortunately.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• I wouldn't panic if you haven't been diagnosed. Do you have anyone you can call on for support, friend or family?

Someone here recently posted the number of a a free call counseling service, I'll see if I can dig it out.
      "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• I've done both, but I can't get the help. I can get the diagnosis, but not the help it seems. I was talked to for a short time but I need more than 10 minutes of time. I was told to try video logging everything and pushing myself to move forward but its so hard to do anymore, I just want to lay around and sleep all day.
        You've gotta be kitten me right meow!

Comment

• Have you tried maybe reading books about it? My boyfriend has BPD, and it has helped me heapst to read a book called "Walking on egg shells" -and it's online for free! It has helped him too to understant himself better and we are much happied now, because just like you we couldn't afford any treatment.
          So until you can afford it, read about it as much as you can, get all the info you can; the better you understand your disorder, the better you'll know how ot handle. It'll be very hard at first, but at least it's a way to start. You can get better, i'm living proof of it, so don't give up!

Comment

• Hi, my boyfriend has this disorder and he uses it as an excuse to get verbally violent and abusive. I've heard of that book before. Do you mind telling me where I can acquire it? This way I can finally understand why he is hurting me so much. Thank you.

Comment

• People with this disorder are usually very depressed and moody my hubby has it and no it does not give him excuse to treat you badly. So don't believe that

Comment

• Do you live in the USA? If so, look up the county mental health division and you can get free or low cost help there (no insurance required), like evaluation and diagnosis, counseling, group therapy, even meds if needed.

I've had to go this route before and it worked for me, even if the wait at the office is a pain in the rear! They will help you.
                WickedVegasInk

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                Working...
                X