PMS

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PMS

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• PMS

Hello Ladies,

Do any of you suffer from PMS pre menstrual syndrome? I'm due to be unwell anytime now and i feel really low and depressed i'm in my middle 40' and warm and sweating too.Can i ask you how you feel if you also have this.

Thank you

yorkielass

• Yes. I get all the text book symptoms. Irritable, achy, depressed, insecure, bloated, weight gain....etc etc. If it's a symptom, I'll have it.

Comment

• pms

I always feel that way 2 weeks before. After stopping the birth control pill it just got worse!

Comment

• Yes im the same way ive actually got an appointment to talk to my obgyn about PMDD. All those messed up emotions and feeling you get when your on your period i have more like 3 weeks out of a month. Its horrible! cause i know i come down on my Bf when i get emotional and its not hes fault but i cant help it. My doctor said id prolly be put on butrin sr which is moreless an anti-depressant. thats got me worried cause theres normally so many side effects with anti-depressants. And it all hit me when i stopped taking my birthcontrol 9 months ago. AND.. i didnt know anything bout this till it happened ..never heard of PMDD. Apparently lots of women have it.

Comment

• All the usual symptoms and often I spend a couple days home from my work as I tend to be very temperamental!!!! I have always been like that during pms. My husband can also tell when its comeing on as I have a short fuse and am moody it's hard on him being around me also. I usually just lounge around and try to catch up on housework for a day or two until I level out.
          Last edited by working_woman1966; 11-20-2007, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• I have had bad PMS for the past four years. I tried many different birth controls on and off as suggested by my gyn in order to try and find something that would make me feel better. No oral contraceptive worked and neither did the ring. I recently had an IUD in placed in hope that it would finally be the right fit for me. However, I have been experiencing the most dramatic PMS ever. Most of my physical pains from cramping and bloating are better, but the emotional side effects are out of control. I cry and have what my bf calls "emotional breakdowns" on a weekly basis. I'm just so irritable and sad lately that sometimes I can hardly function at work.

I'm scared to really tell my doctor about the extent of my emotional problems because I really don't want to be put on antidepressants. I would like to be able to help myself get better without doctors assistance but I'm not sure if that is realistic.

Comment

• I know I suffer form PMS but has anyone ever had an ache in the upper back that can come around under the breasts and then you feel it in the back again. Do you know what this is from. I know I'm due to start my period soon and I'm just wondering if this is all part of it. HELP!!!!!!

Comment

• i too go through bad PMS i have nervous or emotional breakdowns, i'm bloated, very moody, and hate being around people and family, i get headaches and aaanything can make me angry, even cry...the problem is i haven't had my period for 3 months, coz of a long dragging case of PCOS...and it's getting on my nerves!(i'm 22)...did you try Kalms? i know it's herbal and all, but maybe it helps you. coz i'm usually on alot of meds it doesn't do anything.but give it a try it might help you take care!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X