Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to get rid of anxiety problems?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• What is the best way to get rid of anxiety problems?

I have really bad anxiety problems. They have almost taken over my life. I can't go out and do things with friends anymore and I don't eat as much as I used to. I am losing weight to the point where it is extremely unhealthy. I go to the doctors every 2 weeks because they have to monitor my weight. I have an in school and out of school therapist, but nothing seems to be working! Please someone help!

• Hi Lisa,

Welcome to WH.

Sometimes threads gets lost as the pages turn. We urge our members to click on the related topics such as "dating/mental health" that they feel they can assist a member with so that we don't miss your threads...

So here we are.

Can you tell us what the therapists do?

I understand the Doctor is monitoring your weight to ensure you don't go beyond where it's hard to come back.

I take it your parents are right there with you, by doing all of this and that's great.

Can you tell us a bit about you, ... Do you remember when you didn't feel this way and were mingling with the kids from school?

Did something happen that made you withdraw?
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• What you can do is Yoga, Meditation, Exercises. Exercise increases the endorphins. You can even try other alternative such as Ayurveda, acupuncture, shamanism, massage therapy all have something to offer people with anxiety. Allow yourself to spend time with people because chatting and laughing with others will help you feel normal. Practice the routine.

Comment

• I know it may seem like your stuck in a hole with no way out, but I struggle with anxiety and depression on a day to day basis - and over the past year mine has improved tonnes. What I did to help was to reverse your thinking, instead of focusing on what gives you anxiety (as with anxiety, you tend to focus on the negative, like for me I hate strangers and I start feeling all anxious and getting palpitations when they just merely look at me) - just concentrate on you, the next step you take, the sounds and smells around you, the colour of the sky - little small things that pull you out your world and into the beautiful one around you. Its a hard first step, but I promise it helps so much. I also keep a diary with me 24/7 in my hand bag and whenever I feel like I have a build up, or just want to cry/scream I scribble down how I'm feeling and oh my it helps so much! I had to do it in a superstore loo once. I hope these small things help, good luck and I promise things will change.

Comment

• I second Loric2014's post. The right advice.

Comment

• Hello Lisarjiem, I would like to recommend for Stress Management Treatment, it rejuvenate your mind and body from Stress and get new positive energy. Kindly do inquiry at "Agni – Ayurvedic Village"

Comment

• Thank you Curtis Cross. Very important advice.

Comment

• I would like to suggest you make your lifestyle healthier and stress-free and you should eat only healthy food and do exercise. if your lifestyle is full of stress or you do any stressful job, then you need a rest some rest. Visit any calm and nature places, feel the joy of life, which may help divert you're considering from anxiety to happiness. and you can also do some meditation and take massage therapies, which also can help you to reduce your anxiety problems.

Comment

• I can understand anxiety myself: I have suffered too. Dealing with anxiety is not as easy as it seems. You can try to face your fears, go to bed earlier, avoid horror films, etc. but the fear never leaves. It is frustrating, too, because you know it is just an emotion. Yet it takes over your entire life and stops you living a normal life. And when you don't turn up for events, people realize you're scared and may tease you when they next see you. So I know your frustration. Fear is awful yet it is always there, ruining your life and opportunities to have a wonderful, full life with friends.

I think if you are that anxious, you have to accept you'll never be completely free of the fear. I know it is awful but you have to not try to avoid events and the suchlike. You can try to put positive spins on things and just go places when you feel unable to.

I really wish I could erase your anxiety, but therapy could show you how to reduce it and not give in to it.

Comment

• Meditation
                    Behold the presence of the Father in all beings...

Comment

• Do you meditate yourself, Maximus? Any tips on how to meditate? Any websites you recommend?

I'd be interested on knowing how to do so. Thank you.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                      X