Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to get rid of anxiety problems?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• What is the best way to get rid of anxiety problems?

I have really bad anxiety problems. They have almost taken over my life. I can't go out and do things with friends anymore and I don't eat as much as I used to. I am losing weight to the point where it is extremely unhealthy. I go to the doctors every 2 weeks because they have to monitor my weight. I have an in school and out of school therapist, but nothing seems to be working! Please someone help!

• Hi Lisa,

Welcome to WH.

Sometimes threads gets lost as the pages turn. We urge our members to click on the related topics such as "dating/mental health" that they feel they can assist a member with so that we don't miss your threads...

So here we are.

Can you tell us what the therapists do?

I understand the Doctor is monitoring your weight to ensure you don't go beyond where it's hard to come back.

I take it your parents are right there with you, by doing all of this and that's great.

Can you tell us a bit about you, ... Do you remember when you didn't feel this way and were mingling with the kids from school?

Did something happen that made you withdraw?
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• What you can do is Yoga, Meditation, Exercises. Exercise increases the endorphins. You can even try other alternative such as Ayurveda, acupuncture, shamanism, massage therapy all have something to offer people with anxiety. Allow yourself to spend time with people because chatting and laughing with others will help you feel normal. Practice the routine.

Comment

• I know it may seem like your stuck in a hole with no way out, but I struggle with anxiety and depression on a day to day basis - and over the past year mine has improved tonnes. What I did to help was to reverse your thinking, instead of focusing on what gives you anxiety (as with anxiety, you tend to focus on the negative, like for me I hate strangers and I start feeling all anxious and getting palpitations when they just merely look at me) - just concentrate on you, the next step you take, the sounds and smells around you, the colour of the sky - little small things that pull you out your world and into the beautiful one around you. Its a hard first step, but I promise it helps so much. I also keep a diary with me 24/7 in my hand bag and whenever I feel like I have a build up, or just want to cry/scream I scribble down how I'm feeling and oh my it helps so much! I had to do it in a superstore loo once. I hope these small things help, good luck and I promise things will change.

Comment

• I second Loric2014's post. The right advice.

Comment

• Hello Lisarjiem, I would like to recommend for Stress Management Treatment, it rejuvenate your mind and body from Stress and get new positive energy. Kindly do inquiry at "Agni – Ayurvedic Village"

Comment

• Thank you Curtis Cross. Very important advice.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

Ashlee T I wonder if your friend turned the truth around to others that you were to blame for the friendship fail, to cover the fact that she had treated...

Yesterday, 11:06 PM By secretkeeper
              • Reply to Whats wrong with my sex?!

Would it cause issues suddenly after so long? The doctor placed the mirena when he took my ovary and I was still pretty into sex up until about 2 months...

Yesterday, 07:00 PM By stateofconfusion
              • Mid-Cycle Bleeding

Hi,

Okay, so in November I had a nervous breakdown. Had a normal cycle until February. About day 16-18 I had brown and clumpy spotting, right...

Yesterday, 06:23 PM By almostbritain
              • Reply to Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

Yes! It sounds like you've sorted this out quite well. It's cliche, but life is too short to spend on things that don't make you happy.

If...

Yesterday, 06:18 PM By Ashlee T.
              • Reply to Whats wrong with my sex?!

It sounds like you have been through SO MUCH over the past couple years, your body AND your mind.

I'm so sorry you went through having to...

Yesterday, 06:08 PM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X