• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to get rid of anxiety problems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to get rid of anxiety problems?

I have really bad anxiety problems. They have almost taken over my life. I can't go out and do things with friends anymore and I don't eat as much as I used to. I am losing weight to the point where it is extremely unhealthy. I go to the doctors every 2 weeks because they have to monitor my weight. I have an in school and out of school therapist, but nothing seems to be working! Please someone help!

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to WH.

Sometimes threads gets lost as the pages turn. We urge our members to click on the related topics such as "dating/mental health" that they feel they can assist a member with so that we don't miss your threads...

So here we are.

Can you tell us what the therapists do?

I understand the Doctor is monitoring your weight to ensure you don't go beyond where it's hard to come back.

I take it your parents are right there with you, by doing all of this and that's great.

Can you tell us a bit about you, ... Do you remember when you didn't feel this way and were mingling with the kids from school?

Did something happen that made you withdraw?
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

What you can do is Yoga, Meditation, Exercises. Exercise increases the endorphins. You can even try other alternative such as Ayurveda, acupuncture, shamanism, massage therapy all have something to offer people with anxiety. Allow yourself to spend time with people because chatting and laughing with others will help you feel normal. Practice the routine.

Comment

I know it may seem like your stuck in a hole with no way out, but I struggle with anxiety and depression on a day to day basis - and over the past year mine has improved tonnes. What I did to help was to reverse your thinking, instead of focusing on what gives you anxiety (as with anxiety, you tend to focus on the negative, like for me I hate strangers and I start feeling all anxious and getting palpitations when they just merely look at me) - just concentrate on you, the next step you take, the sounds and smells around you, the colour of the sky - little small things that pull you out your world and into the beautiful one around you. Its a hard first step, but I promise it helps so much. I also keep a diary with me 24/7 in my hand bag and whenever I feel like I have a build up, or just want to cry/scream I scribble down how I'm feeling and oh my it helps so much! I had to do it in a superstore loo once. I hope these small things help, good luck and I promise things will change.

Comment

Hi lisarjiem! If you want to eliminate anxiety, make a test for the severity of the symptoms of anxiety today. You will receive an exhaustive measure of anxiety, compare your anxiety with others and learn more about what you can do to cure the symptoms of anxiety forever.
          Managing your anxiety is when you can control your anxiety in certain situations or on certain days. You "control it" in those days when you wake up, feel less anxious than usual, or you can go through your day without anxiety and panic attacks. You know that there is an alarm, and you know that you are doing it every day, but there are times when they are slightly more controlled than others.

Treating your anxiety is when your anxiety disappeared, and you are not worried about returning it. This is when you eliminate the feeling that your anxiety will affect you, and although there may be a day or two when you feel anxiety simply because sometimes people experience anxiety in life, it is otherwise completely eliminated.

It starts with commitment. There is no magic pill or a wonderful treatment that can stop your anxiety at night. If you are not committed to eliminating your anxiety, you can never really get rid of it, because you need to work constantly until it disappears, even if you have failures from time to time.

The next step is to show the willingness to change things in your life to create this alarm. There will be some problems and tough decisions, including reducing the time you spend with those who create anxiety and avoid the anxiety that drives the activity. But these changes will have an effect in the long run.

It is very important that you study substitution methods to cope with anxiety. Anxiety in itself is a problem of overcoming, and, unfortunately, many things that people use to replace it, including:

Medicine
          Alcohol
          Being lonely
          Therefore, when we talk about tools for reference, we are really talking about behaviors and actions that give you the best opportunity to rethink the mental ability to cope. These are actions that give you healthy distractions, potentially with their own benefit from your anxiety. But always remember - stress and anxiety is your own mental ability to overcome anxiety, not some behavior. They are simply considered to be one of the most useful methods that help your brain regain its ability to cope.

All exercises are valuable, but the escape, apparently, creates a healthy number of neurotransmitters that support the mood. It also tires the muscles to reduce the severity of anxiety symptoms, burns the hormone cortisol stress and appears to have a healthy distracting effect on the mind. Combined, jogging is one of the best replacement tools that you can do.
          Similarly, many people try to practice yoga instead. Yoga provides similar exercises, and has a spiritual effect that many find valuable. But beyond that, yoga involves a lot of self-control, and this self-control proves useful to those who must distract their mind from their worries.
          People say that art is useful for anxiety, because it allows you to express yourself. Most likely, it is something more, especially because many people do not feel they know how to become artists. The reason that art is beneficial is very similar to yoga. This requires much attention and control, and in order to engage in art, you ignore even a part of your anxiety.
          Choose your best and forget about this problem. All the best.

Comment

I second Loric2014's post. The right advice.

Comment

Hello Lisarjiem, I would like to recommend for Stress Management Treatment, it rejuvenate your mind and body from Stress and get new positive energy. Kindly do inquiry at "Agni Ayurvedic Village"

Comment

The other way to treat yourself from anxiety-
                Sit with your eyes closed and turn your attention to your breathing.
                Give yourself the gift of serenity and start the day with 10 minutes of positive energy.
                Think calm, measured and open-minded, and your daily activities will correspond.
                Take care yourself.
                Avoid soda and alcohol.
                Financial stress is the common reason for anxiety and mostly people go for psychotherapy.
                Spend some time in open environment.
                Take proper sleep.
                Reduce caffeine, sugar and processed foods from your diet.

Comment

Thank you Curtis Cross. Very important advice.

Comment

Working...
                  X