Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Separation Anxeity

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Separation Anxeity

Well I will make this as brief as possible. My husband of 19 years died suddenly of Ischamic Heart Disease 5 years ago. I met a fell in love with my current husband in 2011 we got married in 2012. My problem is that I have severe separation anxiety. I know that it is an anxiety that is mostly associated with children but have read that adults can suffer too. I panic every time we are separated no matter for what or for how long. When we have to be apart a I text or call him all the time mostly telling him how much I love him I always think of things to call him about just to hear his voice. And if his plan change or something pops up and he suddenly has to go somewhere I have huge anxiety. I almost interrogate him with question...it is not easy for me to see how "crazy" I can get with him and in the end he just loves me..I realize this and work very hard to act "normal" and give up my craziness. I also fear he will never come back. My first husband went for a bike ride and died from Ischamic Heart Disease. I never saw him alive again. My anxiety has a negative effects on the relationship. It just so hard and emotional draining to act civil when he has to go out because a million scenarios are running through my mind. I love him and do not want to lose him I just know that it taking a toll on us.

• I'm sorry for you loss.

I don't think it's abnormal to feel the way you do, given what happened to you with your first husband. But, know in your heart that he knew that you loved him and would be happy that you are in love again..

You need to know it's "OK" he knows. Move on, he wants and would want you to move on.

One death does not mean it happens twice. What would be the odds of that? In that type of manner?

When ever you feel like this take 3 very long and deep breathes and let them out slowly.. And, tell yourself, IT'S OK.. He'll be home.

If you can't do this get some help with it, because you can't go through life like this sweet.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    Working...
    X