Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate my anxiety it messes up my day

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• LiaGirl
    replied
    Lia Girl needs assistance with Anxiety attacks

I started suffering from panic and anxiety attacks slowly since August 07. This past December they escalated. Doc tried my on zoloft but did not help. .. felt worse. I started taking Klonapin because it works the same as Xanax but longer lasting. I take 1 mg in the morning (doc prescribed 3x day but it makes me sleepy) sometimes anouther .5 about 6 hours later and then I feel great. The problem is when I take the one in the 1 mg in the morning the nausea and hot/cold flashes and anxiety in my stomach and diarehea are still there. ANy suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• edggy lady
    replied
    I Know where you're coming from

Originally posted by Asia29 View Post
    i have been going through this since i turned 24 it has been a disaster the most scary part about is that really scares me is 3 symptoms, heart palpitations, the feeling of not being able to breath, and when my body turns hot and cold. is like i dont know what to do at that moment its very scary,,, i can say that i have gotten better in mny ways its just sneaky and it scares me when im more relaxed thats when it hits me i wonder why?
    I have been suffering from the same thing for 23+ yrs and I am currantly of work because of these attacks. I find it helpful to try and keep busy, I love walking and the fresh air will do wonders for you.I also find talking to people with the same condition helps, we all need support. A good therapist helps too, but find one that doesn't want to push meds also, not that they don't help but sometimes they just put a bandage on the real problem. You said that an attack will happen when you are relaxing, your body might have been relaxing but your mind wasn't, in the back of our mind we're always thinking when will it happen again and sure enough it happens. I know this is gettin long so I will end now, if you would like to email me and we can discuss this more, I have over 23+yrs dealing with this so I think I can help you understand some things. My email is ladybug_864*hotmail.com. Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• bellasmom
    replied
    I went to that website, and made an appointment the very next day with a doctor. We'll see how it goes, but the survey questions told me what level of help I needed.

Leave a comment:

• Asia29
    replied
    To blissfulleden

I am currently Taking klonopin to feel better when i get this panic attacks i get them in my car, and i get them when i am very upset , or stressed it dont help. i feel like even when i take the medication it takes a while to kick in. i got more help when i went to this website that sends you a program on how to deal with anxiety and depression go to

Midwestcenter.com click on it!! you wont regret it!

Leave a comment:

• blissfulleden
    replied
    Are you on any medication? I have been having the same symptoms...i had to pull over the other day b/c I just couldn't get a grip (and had two babies in the car) I just kept crying and my husband had to come drive me home. What do you take if you are on something?

Leave a comment:

• Asia29
    started a topic I hate my anxiety it messes up my day

I hate my anxiety it messes up my day

i have been going through this since i turned 24 it has been a disaster the most scary part about is that really scares me is 3 symptoms, heart palpitations, the feeling of not being able to breath, and when my body turns hot and cold. is like i dont know what to do at that moment its very scary,,, i can say that i have gotten better in mny ways its just sneaky and it scares me when im more relaxed thats when it hits me i wonder why?

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
  • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
  • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
  • Hello All

Hi everyone,
    I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
  • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
Working...
X