Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Implanon and Depression - Please Help

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Implanon and Depression - Please Help

A few months ago now, I received the birth control implant in my arm. It was, admittedly, around the same time I became involved in a sexual relationship with an older man, which may come into play.

However, I've noticed that over that time I've gradually become increasingly depressed, and I'm at an odds to what it may be. I've lost interest in mostly everything I used to enjoy, and I've told myself on multiple occasions that if I have to live the rest of my life like this, I'd rather just die now.

Some days are better than others, and I feel absolutely on top of the world, then I become depressed as though I have nothing to live for. I don't remember the last time I made it through a whole day without crying. I feel that I'm only getting worse, and it is the most horrible feeling in the world.

This is where it gets confusing. The man that I've been in a sexual relationship with, well, I developed feelings for him. Call it infatuation, because that may be what it is. I knew from the start that he was not ready for a romantic relationship. He wanted a friend and, as it so happened, we both seemed to enjoy sex on the side.

I've been infatuated before, and this is nowhere near as bad as the last time, which leads me to believe that the main cause of my depression is indeed the implanon.

I've booked a doctor's appointment to both have the implanon removed, as well as get a referral to see a psychologist, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

How long did it take for you to return to your usual, happy self? How did you cope? I'm only 19, and I can't bear the thought of thinking it's actual depression, and not just a phase. I don't want to live the rest of my life like this.

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X