Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very confused about current emotional state

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Very confused about current emotional state

I'm in my third year of college and I am a very driven and motivated person. I am actively involved in everything I can possibly be while at college and I also work as a mechanical engineering co-op.I have a lot of responsiblity in my life through both school and work and my parents think that maybe I've just hit a point where I am worn out from the past three years of high stress.

I'm only 20 years old and have a lot of menstrual issues. Pain and emotional issues regarding menstraul issues run in my family. I have been trying different birth controls for the past four years and I finally am on an IUD which I am not sure is helping.

My problem is that I have always been an emotional person and easily stressed. Lately it has been getting really bad and I have huge ups and downs throughout the week and my days. I often find that all I feel like doing is crying and I can't really determine a reason why. I have a wonderful supporting family and long term boyfriend who seem very worried about me lately. I don't know if I should go talk to someone because I feel like they won't be able to help me since I have no idea what is wrong.

I have been so successful in my life and career so far and should be a very happy person. I don't understand why I have these major emotional breakdowns. They happen multiple times a week now. I know my IUD is supposed to cause mood swings but this is nothing I have ever experienced before.

Does anyone have any advice?
    Last edited by curious michigan girl; 12-15-2007, 10:37 AM.

• well if the iud is the one that contains hormones then it could certainly cause you to feel emotional but to the extent you are descibing i would lean on to say that it might be more of an issue. you say you have huge ups and downs sounds like symptoms of being bi polar. i would be apt to say you should see a doctor that specializes in metal health. alot of people in this world have these type of issues but live very normal and productive lives. good luck with you!!!! i hope you find some answeres.
    LYNNE

Comment

• Thank you so much for the advice. I am going to go to talk a professional about my feelings so hopefully I can figure out what the root cause is and find a way to feel better.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
      • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      Working...
      X