Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can insomia drive ppl nutts?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• can insomia drive ppl nutts?

My sleep has always been poor but the past 8 days it has become worse. Food tastes bitter. I cant sleep until 1 or 3 am and find myself waking up again at 5 am. Falling a sleep again around 7am and sleeping til 11 am. I don't think I am depressed. But for sure I am stressed from dealing with everyones stuff. my head throbs and sometimes its so bad that the blood vessles in my eye pops that blood comes out. Funny thing is my doctor doesn't think this is anything too serious. says to me that this is a phase. Yet, I feel so out of it. I stand there holding tin foil to wrap but I am off to another planet. I feel so zoned out.

• Are you on any meds?
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• yes, insomnia CAN drive you nuts if you don't get any REM sleep. You could sleep 10 hours a day, but if you do not get any REM sleep, you will go crazy. That is a scientific fact. REM is when our mind clears out the day's craziness and sorts things out. If you don't get REM sleep, basically, you mind is in a state of constant chaos. Your doctor is wrong to brush this off. It's true, it may be a phase, but it's a difficulty phase and you may need some medical interventions. Try the usual like exercising, but not in the evening. Meditation to relax. No caffeine. If it doesn't work, go see a sleep expert. Usually they are pulmonologists.
      Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• I am on medication but nothing new. I have Hashimoto's diease ( There are goiters in my throat. But my TSH is normal. ) Doctors took me off of synthyriod months ago. I feel so blah this past while though. Like Im in a trace...

Comment

• Your body really does need sleep in order to function. If you go without sleep long enough then your brain can just shut down. Your body needs the rest. I understand that it's hard sometimes. I have insomnia and night terrors so sleep is difficult for me as well. To help me sleep I don't drink, or eat, anything with caffeine or added sugar after eleven in the morning. B Vitamins are better to help you stay awake during the day and they aren't as addictive as caffeine and sugar. I also drink a cup of herbal tea with melatonin about a half hour before I plan on going to sleep.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X