Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am I going crazy

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• am I going crazy

Hello, I have been suffering from anixety/panic disorder for over 23+ yrs. Recently I had to take a leave from my job because they were taking control of my life again. My doctor and theraphist give me meds and tell me I should be use to this now, well I don't think anyone ever gets use to these attacks. I got through the holidays but I didn't do much because I'm afraid to go anywhere and when I do I do it as quickly as possible. I analize every ache and pain I get thinking any minute it's going to kill me. I can't even get on a local bus without fear following me. I turn the simplest task into a life threating event.Am I going crazy, is there something wrong with my head, is there anyone out there going through a similar situation? Any advise on how to cope? Thanks for listening.

• My mother has the same thing; she's had it her whole life.
    Some people have it so badly that they can't leave the house at all, so you should be proud that you can do as much as you can do. For the things you find difficult, "baby steps" can help you out.
    The medicine takes a while to sort out. Just try to stay away from as much stress as you can, and good luck recovering. It IS possible!
    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• hi there,
      well i went through this very same thing when i was younger. i didn't even leave my house for a year at one point. i still get some anxiety here and there but i have learned over the years on what triggers my attacks. keep a journal and note the times you have an attack and what you were doing at the time to try and figure out what the trigger of it was. it will help you better understand why the attack happened in the first place. also i have a cd i listen to to help calm me down it is relaxing sounds and music i know it sounds kind of corny but it helps me. i try to do something that will distract me from my anxiety when it happens. i do anything to keep my mind off of it. what also helps me is i will take a bath or shower. that distracts me long enough to where i don't concentrate on my attack instead i just concentrate on my bath and how relaxing it is. excercise is also a great reliever of anxiety. i just go for a walk when i felt panic coming on. some other things to try or consider is avoid caffiene and don't smoke cigarettes. trust me you can get through this. i did when i lost all hope i thought this would run my life forever but it didn't. having someone to talk to helps out alot also. i swear i cried forever sometimes and felt like i was simply CRAZY!!!!!! but i know i'm not and neither are you. take it slow and easy and find what works for you. you can i know it........
      LYNNE

Comment

• A warning against exercise: Adrenaline can trigger these attacks. Ask your doctor before doing anything too strenuous.
        <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Play The Postcode Lottery?

I do! Although I have not won anything yet. Still, it is worth the chance of winning some money.

What about you? What are your reasons for...

Today, 02:53 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X