Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do rehab centers really work?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Do rehab centers really work?

My sister left one and was doing really well at a half way house then had a relapse and tried to kill hersef. I will help pay for her to go back. Would it be better for me to give her money to get her on her feet again and lots of love and sapport. I have never heard of someone truly being helped by digging into their past only hurt.
    Last edited by Fallen1; 10-29-2014, 10:07 AM. Reason: Remove outbound link

• Oh no Jinetakosa, that never works if you want to support your sister with money don't just give it to her like that. You can pay for what needs to be paid for till she can get on her feet again. But all she will do is buy drugs with the money. But your sister will need the love and support to get over this hiccup in her life. But rehab and treatment center will only work if your sister will go and get the treatment. She may fight it they will never work till they except you only trying to help her not watch her sink down the drain. Some times having the whole family around for support always help as well good luck with your sister.
    When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Yes you are right, I think you have to support her with money and love. Love makes your relation more stronger. If you want to make your sister on her feet again then you have to guide her on every difficult moment of life.

Comment

• I agree: your sister could've possibly spent the money you gave her on drugs. If I may ask, did she go back to rehab? I hope your sister is OK now. She is lucky to have you, I think. Just show you care and be the wonderful sibling you are. A lot of people get clean. So, yes, I do think rehab works. Rehab shows patients how they can live their lives without alcohol and drugs. Counselling, as well, is very helpful. I'm not on drugs, but I have had counselling and it makes the sun shine more often. I hope your sister is OK now, anyway.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
        • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X