• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mental strength

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
    I think these days, kids are not being taught to solve a problem on their own. Parents and teachers swoop in and save them. .
    Kitty, that does happen a lot, parents intervene and go overboard

told our kid again this morn was proud and asked if brave song helped to speak up, it did
    our kid said was afraid to speak up cause 1) didn't want to hurt other kid's feelings
    2) was afraid of what kid would do (keep in mind the other kid has an anger problem and has hit kids in face)

Comment

amy I think it's sad. I haven't raised my own kids so, I do want to be forthcoming and honest about that, since you're fairly new and may not know that.

I can only comment on observation and experience with my students and nephews and nieces, friend's kids.

Interesting how other cultures manage these social situations. Still's story is much like the way we dealt with things growing up, and the way I hear so many of my international students tell their stories.

It seems like you're doing the best you can to support your child and possibly help this lost soul of a bully in the process.

Comment

there's a lot of disruptive kids in class this year, compared to other years

Comment

after talking with another parent, it seems we made mistake by not saying something right at beginning of year
          but according to our kid, things were ok soon after beg of school year.......until they weren't recently

thanks miahere for your input and others as well!

Comment

Hey amy40 , I could tell you of whatever minimal experience I have with this when I was schooling,
            You must be knowing my situation... And due to that nobody really bullied me openly and it was never physical, in the smaller years there was this one boy who really picked on me but usually he was quiet while the teachers were there, otherwise it was all just verbal, he was joined by his idiot followers who laughed at his dumb jokes, but as everybody got older it was mostly the girls who were just verbally sort of bullying me, the boys got more and more mature about my situation as opposed to the girls despite the belief that girls mature faster. I used to always just let them know of how hurt I was by what they said and they probably felt really guilty and embarrassed, that always seemed to work temporarily. Of coarse with boys I don't know much, they can physically try to bully which maybe getting out of hand. Lots of people think talking to your bully doesn't work but it does, as long as you talk to them alone without their crowd of followers,

Eventually I got to hear in later years that boy didn't have a very healthy household. So there must be some frustration held in there, while it's wrong to put it on others it's still a problem.

When I made a few friends a lot of that attention left me because it was harder for people to bully a group of people despite what the movies tell you

I hope you find some solution to this, but I think the only way to deal with it is to speak to the bully, punishing a bully usually just makes them more angry and possibly vengeful.
            Last edited by miahere; 02-20-2017, 06:56 AM.

Comment

My son was in a similar situation last year. I do this meditation called Kelee meditation and it has you go within. I started to teach it to my son. It grounded him in himself. Thereby improving his mental strength. In my experience bullies don't like to be seen. So I had him work on saying something out loud when he was being bullied drawing attention to the bully, or just giving the bully a look when it occurs. Both have helped.

Comment

Deleted

Comment

Hey. You started a very necessary topic on the forum. I think that children should be protected. Children need technology to protect themselves. Children these days are ruthless, not caring about other children or about feelings. Some hooligans do not want to "talk about it" and rather resort to violence. A kid with a better knowledge of how to protect himself will be much better than someone who does not. In addition, children, how to learn self-defense, also learn discipline and have a better self-esteem. They are also more confident in their abilities, which makes them safer. In addition, they can also protect other innocent children from bullying. That's why children should learn to defend themselves, if such a situation arises every time.
                  What for? Because if we stand up and break the silence to protect ourselves, it will not "stop." Fighters choose for us a problem that they carefully disassemble in their family, as parents fight, some in the family quit. And it may also be that their parents do not care about them, like the families of victims who do not. But really, as adults should be their stopping bullying in school, and also on the website of Internet messages. This applies to your teachers, and some of your teachers in schools believe that this is not a problem that hooligans gather on victims, like students who are afraid of them.
                  The child can not just afford to beat. The expression "stop" does not help. A retreat does not help either. This will only show your bully that your weak and vulnerable goal. Everyone should have the right to defend themselves and demonstrate to the hooligan in physical contact to disrespectfully strike, hit or grab the victim.
                  But children or teenagers are not the only ones who are bullied, and if you see that someone is mocking you, you have to say, and the adult you trust or go tell the consul not to just stand there with your phone , shooting a video.
                  As a child, I personally believe that children should have the right to defend themselves against hooligans, because we do not know how to handle and protect ourselves as adults. Think about it, in the future you will be 20 years or older. Some guy who has an unpleasant opinion about you and decides to fight. Now you really do not have the common sense not to defend yourself and allow this guy to give you a beating that you do not even deserve in the first place. It's really honest, like slavery in school. You can not defend yourself and say everything simply because of our age.
                  I think that many people will support me.

Comment

Excellent post, Loric2014. A well said comment.

Comment

Working...
                    X