• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Stephens - Facebook Live Killer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Stephens - Facebook Live Killer

Have you all heard about this? Absolutely horrific. I refused to watch the video because I find it so disrespectful to his family that anyone is still even passing it around. But, on the news they showed the first couple of seconds when Steve Stephens approached this elderly man and it absolutely broke my heart. Watching that poor old man's confusion and knowing his 74 year old life was about to end, just gut-wrenching.

Stephens is still on the loose. People that know him say they absolutely cannot believe he's doing what he's doing. By all accounts so far, this guy seemed like a normal dude. What happens to people? I'm curious what will come of this but hope they catch him before he does this to someone else.

My friend and I were discussing this and she mentioned that if she ever reached a point of insanity where she felt the urge to harm people that she'd just end her own life instead. I feel that if I couldn't get help, I'd do the same. But, I guess who knows what you'd do if you went crazy. It makes us all ticking time bombs.
    "Be what you're looking for."

That's seriously scary. I hadn't heard of this. Maybe Facebook can trace the man's movements and assist the police in finding him? He needs to be locked up: before he murders anybody else. Also, watching the video is like fanning the fire. I would advise anyone not to watch such a clip on any website.

Comment

I didn't see the video but I heard the beginning audio...yes, it is disturbing me on a level I can't quite remember being on in quite awhile.

I heard one program claiming that he mentioned suicide and killing others to someone (mom?) & of course she didn't take it seriously.

What did strike me is the comments from the victim's family. They're already forgiving and hoping for the best for the killer. That's great, it's just a bit sooner than I'd expect to hear such loving words...maybe they're too much in shock to feel the way I'd feel. It's only been a couple of days, I'd not be ready to forgive such a thing just yet.

Comment

He killed himself while in pursuit yesterday.

I question anyone who says they have forgiven someone who brutally killed their loved one, for absolutely no reason, in broad daylight and broadcast it for the world to see. I think sometimes we just say things to make ourselves feel better. It's healthier to focus on the grief than on the anger, but both are pretty necessary in my opinion.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

I kinda figured that's how this would end.

When I turned on the radio, there was some discussion about the girl that called authorities possibly not getting the reward money? I caught the end of discussion, but have you heard that?
          Last edited by atskitty2; 04-19-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
            I question anyone who says they have forgiven someone who brutally killed their loved one, for absolutely no reason, in broad daylight and broadcast it for the world to see.
            I had a couple of thoughts on this. 1: The two families got together over the tragedy and they were moved by the killer's family to forgive. 2: They wanted to encourage him to turn himself in - maybe advised by the authorities that this would be something they could do to help.

Still, I've seen people forgive worse. There was the recent Dylann Roof slayings that some families forgave. There's an interview of a man named Hector Black who not only forgave his daughter's killer, who brutally raped and murdered her, but developed a relationship with him. Listen to it if you want your heart torn out, stomped into a million pieces, and put back together by the unbelievable strength of this man. I'm also thinking about the victims of atrocities who forgive in an attempt to heal their nations and themselves - like in Rwanda.
            "Those sowing seed with tears
            Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Still: the forgiving spirit for me wasn't what was so shocking, it was how quickly they were ready to go public with that proclamation. Just a day after the murder. To me, it was just very odd. We all have stages of grief to go through, and for them to have gone through them all, and seem normal and going on record with forgiveness, was just faster than I would expect.

Not implying there's a negative reason for it, but it absolutely made me question what the reason would be for such a display when funeral arrangements probably hadnt even been made....
              all too fast for me to comprehend.

Comment

atskitty2 Yeah, that's why I thought it had more to do with the fact that he was on the loose than real forgiveness.

I do believe that horrible things can be forgiven, though. I also don't believe that forgiveness is incompatible with wanting someone arrested and punished.
                "Those sowing seed with tears
                Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

I see Still. . Didn't quite get your meaning at first. And I agree with your other statement also

Comment

Working...
                  X