• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vacation and mental health

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacation and mental health

do you feel you need a vacation each year for your mental health?
    and do you feel you must go away from home or is a staycation ok?

We just did a staycation. It wasn't quite the same. We're going away for a few days to see the full Great American Eclipse, next month though. It will only be partial where we are. Our excitement about that is much higher than it was to just hang out here.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
      We just did a staycation. It wasn't quite the same. We're going away for a few days to see the full Great American Eclipse, next month though. It will only be partial where we are. Our excitement about that is much higher than it was to just hang out here.
      Excellent. For me it would be much more of a drive - about 900 miles from Los Angeles to Idaho Falls. Still, it will be a 650 mile drive if you are driving, to get near Greenville, South Carolina.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
        We're going away for a few days to see the full Great American Eclipse, next month though.
        awesome!
        wish we were closer to the path as I'd like to do same, but just too far for us

Comment

It's a pretty good trek for us too, but we're making a mini-vacation out of it.
          "Those sowing seed with tears
          Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

been doing the staycation the last few years
            definitely feels like more of a mental break (for me) if we leave our state, however

Comment

I find just going out for the day is the best therapy. I actually get more stressed when I'm on a holiday. Traveling doesn't feel like a holiday and is not relaxing at all. I see it more as a duty. Chilling out at home is where I feel most happy. However, I have done a lot of traveling throughout my life. I've gone to Sweden mostly every year since I was 6 years old. I've been to Ireland many times. I've gone around Britain throughout my life, as well. I have also been to Spain, Greece and Lanzarote. I never sit still, so when I do get the chance to chill, staying at home is my idea of heaven.

Comment

Working...
              X