Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What therapies do you use?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• What therapies do you use?

Hi everyone.
    I had a break down a fair while ago (2009) and fro. That I have severe depression and anxieties issue.
    Also major negative thoughthoughts patterns.
    I have tried a lot of therapy types and see a psychologist regularly.
    I'm curious what othershe find helps them.
    I've also noticed it depends where in my cycles as to what is most effective, while I'm always on medication so that I function normally, I have found grounding and mindfulness great most of the time as well as CBT for the negative thoughts.
    I had tried thought journalist for negative thoughts but it made me focus more on the thoughts and get stuck in my head at times.
    Back in 2013 I did a counselling diploma and found it great for looking at type of therapies and psychological theories.

Anyway I'm very curious as to what everyone does/finds helps them.

Please only legal and safe methods.

• Sorry about the typos

Comment

• I have had counselling, which was very helpful. Mental health treatment is very important, so looking after one's health is crucial. MIND is a good mental health charity and a lot of people have had their help and support. There are a lot of people in the world who have mental health problems and being with people who are the same really helps. Psychiatric treatment does work on the whole, too. CBT is an excellent form of therapy, as well. Anyhow, counselling worked for me.

Comment

• had to look it up to see what CBT was but that sounds interesting
        wonder if that would help my worsening fear of highway driving
        since got hit on the hwy, I had a small fear but now that we have a kid in the backseat, I do anything to avoid hwy

Comment

• I believe CBT is good for PTSD

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to GF's vagina is sore after sex

This has happened to me several times too, such a pain! I found Luvena helps everytime, and I have never had the issue since. Its over the counter, much...

Today, 10:05 AM By Ashley05
          • Reply to Lose Weight More Effectively with Apple Cider Vinegar

When I was a kid, my father would sometimes let some apple cider double ferment into apple cider vinegar. We took bushels of washed apples to the cider...

Today, 08:47 AM By jns
          • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

PandC, as women get older, their eggs become less viable and have more defects. Have you considered freezing some of your eggs in case it takes a few...

Today, 07:54 AM By jns
          • In Love Physical Relation is important?

What do you think in relation does sex is needed or not? If we mentally happy in relation then also we needed physical relation???

Today, 05:04 AM By paulgonzales86
          • Reply to Hoo hot for sex?

She is not really into spontaneous acts of romance or sex.... it has to be in the bedroom and 99% of the time it is at night... and has told me many times...

Yesterday, 06:34 PM By muffin70

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X