• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

No announcement yet.

Insomnia Chat

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomnia Chat

Hello Everybody, I'm new to the forum. Does anyone experience bad insomnia and how long?? When did the insomnia begin?? Have there been ways that you lessened it? I'm a college student and had insomnia for a little over 7 months. I would do 1-3 hours worth of sleep per night or no sleep. It is in a way on and off. There would be a week or a week and a half where I would sleep fine and then it would be back to no sleep or very little sleep for the most part. When I don't get any sleep I would have body aches in certain areas in my body and there were times where I would feel stressed due to lack of sleep or no sleep. I think the reason why my insomnia began was because of stress.

I've fought insomnia for over 25 yrs.

If you can manage the stress better, learn to do it now. It seems like those of us prone to insomnia only worsen over time. Get a method in place sooner and save yourself a possible life of struggle with it.

Learn to meditate or clear your mind in whatever way works for you.

If you already notice the physical effect of not getting enough rest, (body aches) you probably should be fairly aggressive in your work to get adequate sleep. Long term, it can cause health issues to be sleep deprived.

We sort of take sleep for granted I think. It is as necessary as food and water for good health.
    Take care of yourself!