Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really need help, more than ever-READ

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I really need help, more than ever-READ

I'm back! Surprising, huh. Well, Actually, i don't know where to post this, so I think I will in a few places.
    To get right to this scary topic...
    Ever since 2006 in the wintertime, I have had very bad anxiety and panic attacks, atleast i think thats what they are. It first started when I was watching the movie Poseidon with my family in my basement/reck room.
    It seemed to calm down in the summer of 2007, and I kind of forgot about it. haven't had an attack since about may of 2007. But during the late fall time, it started worsening from there. I still am having complications with it now, as we speak.
    Now, I don't exactly know what causes this, and I've been to two doctors, and they haven't given me anything except a nasal spray that didn't do a thing. I am currently using my moms perscription spray to try and help me.
    I have a few factors that I think are influencing these attacks
    -stress (school, friends, pms, homework, recent horrible scares and family problems..etc)
    - I have ALWAYS since i was little, had a hard time breathing through my nose
    -allergies (but i don't think i have any...?)

Also, since this problem has started, I will NOT turn my fan off. The first day of the attack, I turned my fan on full blast, and there it has stayed for almost 2 years
    AND, I have gotten mentally addicted to VICKS vapo rub (cream), and at night put a dab on my chest and under my nose

SYMPTOMS
    -toes and feet tingle and numb a little
    -mouth and jaw tingle and numb
    -sharp breathing, as if not getting air
    -cannot breathe through nose
    (when panic attacks occur, all of the above, plus violent spasms of the legs)

A year ago, about, when I went to the doctor, they said my nasal passages were small, and on top of that I have huge tonsils. He said that if this kept occuring (which it has, I haven't went in again) that I may need surgery to a) take out the tonsils or b) widen my nasal passages. I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF GOING UNDER FOR SURGERY. Therefore I will not go back into the doctor, even though I know I should.
    I am so afraid, but every single day I remind myself of this condition. I am always aware of it, and it scares me so much, because I feel like I'm slowly dying.
    WHAT SOHULD I DO?? HAS ANYONE FELT THIS WAY BEFORE?
    Help me, please. I'm very sorry about how long this message was, and I don't even have all the information on here. Your insight is truly needed here. Don't just look at my bulliten and leave it please.
    Thank you so much!

• Well, i won't go past you.

But, i would be working on the anxiety attacks as the foremost, not the nasal problems.

Hypnotherapy may assist in you understanding what your fears are and why.

Perhaps if you can ascertain this, then you can work through them and other issues may just disappear.

Fans throw dust around left right and centre, so also perhaps it's time to take that big step and turn it down to very low

There is nothing you can't do remember that.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Hmm. what's hypnotherapy? And yes, my parnets have been telling me to "turn that fan down" for a year now. For the past month its been on medium, instead of high, which is really good for me. I think its time to turn it onto low, though, like you said. It's weird, how you can become so mentally addicted to things. And its not fair. >.>
      But I thought the attacks came on because I was thinking about my nasal problems. I'm not even sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by teenagewoman View Post
        Hmm. what's hypnotherapy? And yes, my parnets have been telling me to "turn that fan down" for a year now. For the past month its been on medium, instead of high, which is really good for me. I think its time to turn it onto low, though, like you said. It's weird, how you can become so mentally addicted to things. And its not fair. >.>
        But I thought the attacks came on because I was thinking about my nasal problems. I'm not even sure.
        We all have phobias and fears, it's part of life, natural.. For instance, i am claustrophobic, i could not be in a small lift for too long, or i would feel closed in... Heights and i are okay, until i look down, then i lose a bit of balance...but i couldn't fathom that once Spiders and i were not okay, now i let a daddy long leg live in the house, if he / she so chooses, no fear there but i didn't like them once.

Point being you have to face your fears head on and over come them...

The fan no doubt is causing you problems big time, time to turn it to low, then slowly turn it off sometimes, then on low.. It sends particulars circulating in the air and you are probably a touch sensitive to dust, some dog fur perhaps, you may get hay fever.. So, why would you want to continue with that annoying situation when you can avoid it.

Hypnothearpist is a Doctor who is trained to put your mind into a Zone, and then ask questions that your subconscious can answer, where your mind as you know it may not recall, remember or blocks it.

From that he / she can ascertain all your fears, so you can work towards eliminating them.

Often if we don't know then we can't fix, ....

You may just feel a lot of anxiety but not sure where it is coming from and that form of therapy may help you...

CW
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
        • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X