• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBT or ADHD Evaluation and Treatment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBT or ADHD Evaluation and Treatment

It’s often seen that many people get confused while searching for therapists in their area. Sometimes the medical professional does not have a thorough understanding about guiding for proper ADHD evaluation and treatment plans. Hence, choose experienced professionals that are opting for CBT as it is gaining momentum for treatment of anxiety and depression.

CBT was originally designed for treating anxiety and depression, and researchers have demonstrated its effectiveness for treating mood problems, substance use, and sleep disorders. In the past decade, researches have been made to find out how CBT helps adults with ADHD improve their self-esteem, productivity, and negative thoughts.

For most of the patients, results come quickly—usually after 12 to 15 sessions. But, many individuals continue much longer to develop long-term coping skills.

While it is interesting to know how CBT can help improve the brain function, many adults with ADHD just want to manage everyday challenges like finding the door keys without wasting their valuable time in the morning.

CBT helps people get off undesirable tasks such as procrastination and get their brains back in gear. CBT sessions are focused on comprehensively analyzing the situations that are contributing to poor time management, poor planning, etc., affecting patients’ daily life. The sessions may include an expert guide on how to finish work on time, games to encourage patients to work more on tasks that give them happiness and personal fulfillment.

Some individuals with ADHD say they know what they should do, but can’t do that or they never do things in a right way. For them, CBT can help with coping strategies to control the negative expectations and unroll behavioral patterns that are disturbing the strategies.

I am glad to read all your informative posts. Having such information online is important. You know a lot and that helps. A great post.

Comment

Thank you so much *Popcorn&Candy. I had a team that helps me to give all the information about the relevant post that I need. I am glad to know that you like my all posts that I shared here.

Comment

You are very well informed. If I may ask, do you work in the health sector? You've obviously got a great interest in mental health.

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
          You are very well informed. If I may ask, do you work in the health sector? You've obviously got a great interest in mental health.
          Well, I am not working in any health sector, but I am working on a health project.

Comment

Working...
          X