• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I Depressed Or Is This Just The Blues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I Depressed Or Is This Just The Blues?

Clinical depression manifests itself with anxiety, eating disorders, insomnia and sadly, even suicidal tendencies, making it a very serious affliction for millions of sufferers. If you struggle with clinical depression, you are not alone. There are steps you can take to treat your depression - help is available. The following tips will demonstrate several straightforward strategies for fighting back against depression.

Do not be afraid to ask for help. Many people keep their problems and emotions all bottled up inside them. Obviously, this is not a healthy thing to do. Instead, you should reach out to a friend or family member. If you have no one who is close, seek out a professional.

If you think that you or someone you know may be suffering from depression there is one thing you must keep in mind. This is that there are many degrees of depression ranging from just general sadness to an almost unbearable level of angst that can almost stop life in its tracks.

Using music to raise your moods and thwart the advance of depression can prove to be effective, but choose the style and genre carefully. Refrain from listening to music that triggers sadness or depressing memories. Music that makes you feel sad only exacerbates your feelings of depression and hopelessness.

One of the best ways to alleviate depression and change the way you feel is to change your surroundings. When you feel bad, you may begin to associate your environment with those bad feelings. If you aren't careful, your environment can become a constant reminder of your problems. The solution is to change your surroundings. It doesn't have to be something drastic. Simply adding decorations to your bedroom or changing furniture can help you get out of a rut and feel better.

Don't allow the more serious conditions to take hold if you suffer from depression. Before you fall victim to things like eating disorders and suicidal thoughts, use the tips you've read here to rise above the depression and to once again experience the joy of living. Take depression seriously, and work to defeat it.

Thank you, Kristen Swan. I have had depression many years ago and I sought medical help. It was the best thing I ever did. I feel so much happier, better and positive these days. I have found being with people cheers me up no end. And - as you've suggested - changing the aesthetics of your home does change your mind set and lifts the mood. I do this and it works wonders. Taking care my myself - like having luxurious showers, makeup, etc - does also help. Makeup doesn't solve depression [but there is a charity of women with cancer to have a makeup makeover: a genius idea] but it lifts the mood [at least for me].

Anyhow, a good post.

Comment

Popcorn&Candy Thank you for your appreciation.

Comment

Working...
      X