Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving on from a painful event

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Moving on from a painful event

Hello! I’ve never really discussed this online so I hope this doesn’t attract negative attention.

When I was a freshman in high school (14), I was taken advantage of by a senior (18). I go to an all-girls school so I couldn’t have said anything for fear of being labeled as something that’s not heterosexual (which is a dangerous thing at Catholic school. i’ve always considered myself asexual, however, even before freshman year, and I’m very comfortable that way.)
    anyway, this senior would randomly grope me, put her hands between my legs and down my shirt, kiss me on the mouth, neck, collar, etc. and frequently make inappropriate comments about me and my sex life (did I masturbate, did i think i would be good in bed, and if I was sure i was asexual, to be specific), but she never did anything aside from that. i was a naive kid who was so desperate to fit in that I never thought twice and just assumed that’s how girls were. It wasn’t until my sophomore year that I realized what was happening and I fell into a depression. I’m a senior now, and I’ve been called a liar and an attention **** for trying to explain my story. I haven’t cut the girl off and I’m scared to even block her on social media, since she still thinks we’re friends.

What do I do? I feel like I’m asking for attention and that maybe I’m treating this bigger than it was. Thank you.

• Hey ggrant.

Am I understanding correctly that this is still going on with her? You mentioned you haven't cut her off. Does that mean you're still engaging in physical contact with her?

You mentioned that you feel like you're asking for attention. Are you? What is your purpose in sharing this information with people around you? I'm not saying there is a thing wrong with it, I'm just trying to understand what's going on here and what your goal is.

"Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• From what I can gather you have been sexually assaulted/abused. 14 year old girls are fairly innocent on the whole, so what happened to you is a prosecutional offence and the girl/woman who abused you could go to prison if she were found guilty in a court of law. That's the technical side.

The emotional side if you must've been emotionally damaged from these assaults. I would advise counselling. Whether or not you tell the police, I can't decide for you. You would have yourself exposed if you went to court. I don't know if you feel that is worth going through. On the other hand, she could've abused other girls: your age thereabouts. She is a sexual predator and is dangerous. My guess is she's done it before: and maybe even carried on.

I would go to the police. She needs to be stopped.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X