Meditation

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meditation

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Meditation

Does anyone have any recommendations on meditation? I've heard of people using CD's of prerecorded narrations that guide you through the meditation process. Does anyone have a routine they follow daily? And does anyone have any testimonials of meditation helping in your career or relationships?

I really need to find a way to become relaxed about things in my life. I stress constantly and it's affecting my relationship with my boyfriend and my career. I know that I can learn to relax and take life as it comes, but getting there is really proving to be difficult. I basically decided today, after having a convo with my boyfriend for the millionth time about an issue we're dealing with, that today will be the day that I change it, permanently, for the better. I will not allow irrational thoughts to cloud my mind and I will trust and love with all my heart. I'm making this my last chance, if I can't get it right then I need to end my relationship with him, it would be for the best. But what I really want is to be with him, and I know I can make the necessary changes in order to make our relationship work.

So, again...if anyone has any recommendations on meditating and learning to relax please respond to this thread. I'd rather you not comment on anything to do with my relationship, I added that in so you would understand why I'm needing to learn to relax.

Thank you!
    Maggie Anne

• Hi Maggie Anne, i think i'm too hypo most of the time, a million things running through my mind all the time...

I did try a meditation CD, that guides you through but too much concentration.. So, if your like me, you'll find that difficult, kind of like going and doing a course.

Ti Chi was interesting and i enjoyed that, and may go back to classes i think, good for your body as well as mind/spirit.

I also find walking the dogs, de-stresses me whilst also giving me a good feeling on return and my mind drifts instead of thinking for that period of time.

Yoga may be another thing to try, by a DVD on it and try it.

If you try Meditation, i bought an outside pond inside, so i can hear the water, just play Mediation Music, sit with your eyes closed and legs crossed and breathe deep, and out, and repeat around 10 times, and focus on not thinking of anything but the breathing... If you can do that for 2 mintues, increase it daily until you can do it for 20, it's like having a small nap in the middle of the day, again, i should start doing that more, or again, i have a room with a lounge, the water, CD player, candles, and bugger if i do it?

Thanks for reminding me i should bring that back in when stressed

But you do need peace and quiet..

Good luck.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by maggieanne View Post
      I basically decided today, after having a convo with my boyfriend for the millionth time about an issue we're dealing with, that today will be the day that I change it, permanently, for the better. I will not allow irrational thoughts to cloud my mind and I will trust and love with all my heart. I'm making this my last chance, if I can't get it right then I need to end my relationship with him, it would be for the best. But what I really want is to be with him, and I know I can make the necessary changes in order to make our relationship work.
      I congratulate you for your decision and I really do believe you are on the right track, but may I make a suggestion? I think that deciding that "today is the day you will change your thinking" is the exact type of thinking that creates your stressful patterns. You feel like you must change who you are and how you deal with life in order to "deserve" your success and positive relationships. I think before you will really start to feel you are making any progress you need to relax and enjoy yourself and not put pressure on yourself to be someone you are not. You naturally care a great deal about they way you live your life and you want to do things the best you can. These are not negative traits - they just create stress and stress does detract from our enjoyment of life. What you need to start changing is your outlook on life, not who you are. You need to learn to relax, prioritize things properly (fun is a lot higher on the list than most people realize!) and most of all don't beat yourself up for not being the "carefree" person you have decided you want to be. If your partner sees that you are really trying to learn to deal with your stress if he really loves you he will support you and also have the patience to wait for you to figure it out in your own time. I think you are already well on your way. In addition to meditation I found yoga has been a huge benefit in helping me deal with my anxiety and stress issues - plus it's more active, which helped a me a lot as I am a twitchy person and meditating was HARD at first.
      Anyway, best of luck and remember that the most important thing is to be patient and loving to yourself. You've already taken many important steps and I know that you are well on your way to living the life of your dreams.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X