Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more pills

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• No more pills

Is there anyone out there who knows a good HEALTHY way to get off the medication highway???? I have manic episodes with bi-polar and I am tired of the medication. The weight gain and the sore muscles that the persciption causes is driving me baty. Any help would be great
    Tina

• some meds like this are needed always as the chemicals in the brain need them to balance.

there are some natural anti depressants like st Johns warts that can be very effective but I wouldn't suggest just comming off your usual meds without a Dr's guidence and you can't take SJW with your usual meds so seek a Dr advise.

tt

Comment

• Its so common for people to ditch the meds because they feel better. Then they crash and need the meds. A terrible cycle. Talk to your doctor. It sounds like the meds are not working properly and it might be a dose adjustment or you might need a different drug. People CAN come off them but the only safe way to do that is by gradual reduction under a doctors close supervision.

Are you doing Talk Therapy?
      "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." ~ Janis Joplin

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X