Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

painful legs with IUD...???

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painful legs with IUD...???

I had my IUD placed yesterday. after the initial obvious pain it was ok. it took me three hours to be able to stand up without passing out but my body finally accepted the thing and i felt fine. minimum cramping, minimum bleeding.

this morning iv woken up, felt fine. apart from i haveachey legs. like right at the top where my legs join my body either side - aches like . i was scared to go to the loo....but did - cant stop nature lol. but this achey leg thing is making me wonder whats going on?! is this common. does it stop? does it mean something slipped/moved/perforated?

sorry if this question has been asked but im very new and the search bar doesnt work for me!

• It may be from cramping or muscle tension either during insertion or after. Is it muscle ache or deep (bone or joint) ache? My legs didn't hurt after, but my lower belly did!

Comment

• Hello,

I got an IUD to days ago and have had a dull ache in my lower back ever since (or top of awful awful cramps for the four hours immediately afterward). My legs have felt a bit achey every once and a while too - I have to keep moving around and switching up my sitting/laying position to stay comfortable. I think it's from the IUD - like my body adjusting, but I may also have the flu so I can't say for sure.

Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

• Leg pain following IUD insertion may require medical treatment. Determine whether the pain is caused by the IUD or another underlying condition by talking with a healthcare professional about it

Comment

• Experiencing leg pain after an intrauterine device (IUD) insertion can be concerning, and it's essential to address it promptly. While some discomfort is normal, persistent or severe leg pain warrants medical attention to rule out any complications. Discuss your symptoms with a healthcare professional to determine whether the IUD is the cause or if there's an underlying issue requiring treatment. Prompt evaluation and appropriate management can help ensure your well-being and peace of mind.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sex before marriage

What a wonderful resource this site is for men like me. There are so may unanswered questions men have about women and sexuality and it’s refreshing...

04-15-2024, 05:27 PM By easygoing
          • Reply to Long term marriage with Sexual Frustration and E.D.

Hey, just wanted to share some simple advice based on your situation:

1. Keep talking openly with your wife about your feelings.
            2. Consider seeking help

04-14-2024, 02:02 AM By AnnaMav
          • Reply to The wounds are fresh and raw

Natty1522, your previous post was several weeks ago about this guy ghosting you. I know it hurts but you cannot pull him back if he wants to go. I would...

04-11-2024, 08:38 PM By jns
          • The wounds are fresh and raw

It's been 3 weeks since a person that I thought really cared and loved me "ghosted" me.

It still hurts everyday...It doesn't help...

04-11-2024, 06:22 PM By Natty1522
          • Reply to One thing that has bothered me for many years

Oh I am happy that she is still able to enjoy orgasm, I always have been. I'm sure too that she is happy that I can enjoy time to myself. It's just that...

04-11-2024, 05:11 PM By easygoing

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X