Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loss of appetite?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Loss of appetite?

I was on Depo for about 2 years, gained 20 pounds.
    I was due back for the next shot on June 27, which I didn't get. I switched to Paragard.
    I've heard it can take up to 6 months for the Depo to completely leave you system but once it does it should be easier to lose weight.
    For the past 2 weeks I've had NO appetite. I eat because I have to. When I was on Depo I was hungry every few hours.

Has anyone else had this happen? Have you completely lost your appetite after going off Depo? I've read that people get their "normal" appetite back after it wears off but I haven't heard of people not being hungry at all. I'm worried there may be something else going on that's causing me to not be hungry so I wanted to have all my bases checked.

• I had a similar symptom. I took depo for six months this year. I experienced a range of awful side effects including paranoia and hair loss. when I finally switched to the pill the side effects faded but in exchange I pretty much lost my appetite completely. That was 2 1/2 months ago. Since, only every now and then I will have a mental desire for food, but lately I've only been motivated to eat by hunger pains and nausea. I haven't really done much about it because I'm not dangerously underweight, but it is annoying sometimes to have to eat when you don't want to. I don't have any advice for you, but it does seem that there are many complications relating to depo, and I'm sure our appetites will return.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X