Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using just the pill/no condoms/effectiveness?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Using just the pill/no condoms/effectiveness?

Hi,

I need some birth control advice. My fiance and I are getting married in August. We got engaged last month, and we’ve decided that it’s time for us to stop using condoms.

I’m on the pill and have generally been very good about taking it on schedule since I went on it last year. FH and I have had begun having sex without condoms a few times already in recent months (usually just before I’m due to maximize safety). We love the extra intimacy and sensation, which is why we want to quit using them altogether. But there is the safety issue. It wouldn’t be a disaster if I got pregnant now, since we’re planning on having a baby within a couple of years anyway, except for the possibility that if I get pregnant soon it would be a problem if I’ve already been measured for my dress.

Currently we usually have sex a couple of times per week (which will probably be increasing when we move in together next month), and he does orgasm inside me. Given all this, what are the chances of a whoops if we stop using condoms altogether?

I’m due day after tomorrow, so I’m hoping for replies soon. Thanks for any input!

Tammy :-)

• Well Tammy, for my wife didn't use any type of birth control it's probably why we had four kids lol. But after our last daughter was born wife had c section then had tubes tied it was the best idea. But I know all four of my daughters are on the depo birth control shot instead of the pills. But every 3 months they go see there obgyn doctor to get another shot again. Then you don't have to worry about taking the pills everyday and forgetting to take them. But your right condomless is so much better for you both in the intimacy issue but you take the risk unless you on the pills or shot of even using nauring or diaphragm as well would work. So good luck on your choice.
    When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Well, as of last night my fiance and I have begun working without a (condom) net, It's a little scary . . . is it normal to be a bit worried? it's odd making love and having him release inside me without us having/doing something visible to keep us safe (as I said, when doing this in the past it was always just before I was due). Will we get used to this?

Comment

• Well Tammy, I think each time you go with out condoms with BF it will get a lot easier. So you are not worrying so much of getting pregnant if you are talking your birth control pills like you suppose too. You just at that nerious stage at first but you will soon relax and enjoy the feel a lot better. So good luck and have good sex with your BF.
        When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• If you're taking your birth control pills properly, you weren't really adding much statistical effectiveness with the condoms. The Pill is more than 99% effective when used properly! It's only when something goes wrong - you miss a pill, you take them at erratic times of day, or you intake something that alters their absorption or effectiveness - that you have to worry.

The best thing you can do is ask your pharmacist what specifically might interfere with your pill's functioning. Antibiotics are a common cause of BC failure.
          <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• It's natural to be a bit worried about it, it feels unprotected. But really if you read the statistics you really don't have a real chance of getting pregnant if you're taking the pills on time.

Comment

• I've been on the pill since like 16years old. When a relationship reached the point I could trust a guy to say he had been tested for STDs then we didn't use anything else. Still not pregnant.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X