Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! Missed 7 days of birth control

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• HELP!!! Missed 7 days of birth control

So I have been on the pill for about 4 years now and I just missed the first 7 days of my new pack. I had unprotected sex at least 4 times throughout that 7 days. I started bleeding a little a few days later. Does this mean I can't be pregnant or is there still a chance with this breakthrough bleeding that I could be? Please help, I need to know asap if this is something I should be concerned with! Thanks!
    Last edited by kileykeel; 08-30-2016, 06:46 PM.

• Hi Kiley,

Any time you miss your birth control you increase your chances of pregnancy. Generally, if you miss more than 2 pills in a row, you are to completely start all over and consider yourself unprotected until you begin a new pack. I recommend calling your doctor and asking exactly when you should start a new pack. Some will say to start a new pack on the following Sunday, and some will say wait until your next period and use condoms in the meantime.

Logically, you probably did not ovulate during the first week of your cycle (while you were off the pill), but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. More likely, you are spotting because your hormones are now confused and out of whack due to skipping 7 days of the pill.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X