Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relying on condoms

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Relying on condoms

Hello everyone. So my other half comes home for a couple of weeks over Christmas. I was and have been on the pill for 2 years but i recently stopped all hormonal contraception as it was making me a completely different person and i didn't want to angry/anxious/moody for when my bf comes home. So we have talked about it and decided to use condoms while he is home but also I've asked him NOT to finish inside of me as I don't really have full confidence in condoms alone, probably due to me always being in charge of my contraception. I know all the stats and figures of condom use and its effectiveness, but if I am worrying more about trusting condoms, is asking my other half to pull out (alongside wearing a condom) a good way to calm my nerves?
    I guess im just looking for reassurance haha
    Thank you

• Well, if you prefer to be in charge of it, why not try a vaginal contraceptive film in conjunction with the condom, rather than asking him to pull out?

The pull out method really isn't reliable without condoms, so with condoms isn't much different in my opinion.

would using a spermicie allay your fears?

Comment

• I think that would relieve your nerves and then probably after a while you'd not feel it necessary.

I know we talked about this on a previous post too, but if you'd begin taking your morning temps and charting your cycles then after a while you'd know exactly when you're fertile and when you're not.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• atskitty2 I didn't even know they existed so thank you for that, I'll have a look into it!

*beautifuldisaster thank you I'm not entirely sure on how to tell when I am fertile and when I'm not but I'll have a look on the internet! Thanks

Comment

• Look into it, they're not difficult or inconvenient at all really.

Learning your cycle is good also, using a natural family planning as BD suggests. I wouldn't rely on that alone tho', until you've had several months to get to understand your body.
          Last edited by atskitty2; 12-18-2016, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• #1 reason condoms fail is user error. Educate yourself on condoms, even if you think you already know everything, and you won't feel so nervous about it. Trust me, there is always more to learn.

And as others have said, spermicide and tracking your cycle will also help. Everything is super effective, if used properly and consistently.
            Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• That's so correct Dream broken condoms is from incorrect use of them and many children have been born on a broken condom. Many kids didn't take sex education class that serious in the 8th grade. But spermicide should be used as well to be sure of not having a unwanted child along with a condom. But again condoms are not 100% guarantee of not getting pregnant.
              When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X