Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed BCP - Now early period! Help!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Missed BCP - Now early period! Help!!

Hey everyone!
    i already apologzie in beforehand in case someone already started a thread regarding this issue, but i couldnt find anything like that.

Anyways as the title already says, i missed one of my birthcontrol pills on Thursday but took it within 24 hours, because i noticed some spotting.
    i thought it was just a breakthrough bleeding however it still hasn't stopped now on Monday - it actually got rather heavy to add, heavier than my actual period is.
    i'm currently in my second week, starting my third by tomorrow.

my biggest problem is, that I have a major exam for my A-levels on the 8th of April, when i was planning on wearing my white dress, which i wouldn't dare though if i was still bleeding...

can i just like take the last pill of my second week and then start my period early?
    I've had this problem before and i know my bleeding most likely isn't going to stop before i had my one week break...
    if i would just finish my pack, then get my usual 1 week period i'd be bleeding heavily for 2,5 weeks... also it would last until the 11th of April which i really don't want .

so my question again: Can i skip the next week which would start tomorrow, in order to get my period one week early? Would it even stop after that break?

Please let me know everything you do, i appreciate every answer!

Thanks again and greetings from Austria!

• So you want to skip your third week and not take pills that week?
    If you let yourself have your period on week three and then started a new pack by week four, your period would probably stop.
    BUT you wouldn't be protected against pregnancy.

Have you heard of Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives, such as the IUD or the implant that goes into your arm? I know Mirena is supposed to help with heavy bleeding.
    Plus, you can't forget to take it.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X