Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed (2) bc pills, bled, now waiting for period

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Missed (2) bc pills, bled, now waiting for period

Hi everyone. I missed (2) birth control pills on may11-may12 because I had a colonoscopy for my ulcerative colitis so I unfortunately was told to not take the (2) pills during my colonoscopy prep. Prior to my colonoscopy I was given a pregnancy test (part of the protocol) & the results were negative.

Due to missing these (2) pills I began to bleed for about 2 weeks because of the hormonal changes. On may 24 I finally stopped bleeding.

However today is 6/12/17 & I still haven't gotten my period yet. Is this normal? I was suppose to get my period between June 1-June 12.

Did the 2 weeks of breakthrough bleeding throw off my cycle? I'm just waiting and I'm getting a little impatient over here. My boyfriend and I are very careful and protected. Thanks in advance everyone!

• Hey angela! It is definitely normal for your cycle to get out of whack when you have to miss pills. It's VERY frustrating that something so minor can cause such issues. My guess is you won't have another period until closer to the end of this month, but that just depends on when your "period pills" are. According to your bc, should you be having a period right now? If so, there is a good chance you won't have one at all and that your two weeks of breakthrough bleeding was it for this month. You may not have another period until your next pack during your period pills.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X