Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side effect of Yasmine?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Side effect of Yasmine?

Ladies, I need your help.
    I have been on Yasmine pills for 2 years and everything was fine until few days ago when I started to feel weak, but I was too stressed at work so I thought I am just too exhausted. Then he said that my skin has become more yellowish last few days, and then I notices that my eye pupils are also yellow. I went to doctor and she diagnosed me with something called "scleral icterus" and asked me am I on pills and how much I have left. Since I have 8 pills left, she told me to finish this blister since I had sex and then stop taking them, because my liver could be shutting down, and this is just a side effect. Did anyone experience the same, with Yasmine, or any other birth control?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Stephanie1993; 09-13-2017, 03:32 AM.

• Yikes Stephanie, that is so scary. I'm sorry you're going through that. I took Yasmin for a couple years but it's been many years ago. I also took many other bc pills before I determined that they were just not right for me. There are always those very rare side effects and what you're experiencing could be one of them. I hope going off the pill fixes your issue.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

Hello!
      The most important advice that has already been in this discussion is to spend more calories than getting them! I myself adhere to this tactic:...

Today, 08:38 AM By Nate Julia
    • Reply to Acne

Acne is a most common skin disease. Avoid chemical. Use natural products. Wash your face twice a day. Use lemon juice. It's really work.

Today, 08:25 AM By sarabjot
    • Reply to Hello

Hello Everyone, I am here new. I am Sarabjot. I am working at Sofat Infertility Centre. I am From Ludhiana , Punjab.

Today, 08:23 AM By sarabjot
    • Reply to Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

Thank you both soooo much. You both have helped me realise what I know deep down is right. I feel like I want to send you both chocolates !!!!! I have...

Yesterday, 06:29 PM By secretkeeper
    • Reply to Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

You've got the right approach, secretkeeper: I am glad I was of help, too.

There is no time in life to waste on people who just don't care...

Yesterday, 02:47 PM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Hello

Hi, Everyone!

Greetings all. I am a new member here

02-26-2019, 04:58 AM By alexcarey
    • Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

What do I do in this situation? I value all your thoughts here. My husband and I had a couple we spent quite a bit of time with enjoying outings and dinners...

03-22-2019, 01:45 AM By secretkeeper
    • Whats wrong with my sex?!

I have a question.. Me and my guy have been together almost 5 years. We used to have amazing sex. Now... It's few and far between. Every time he goes...

03-22-2019, 10:25 AM By stateofconfusion
    • Mid-Cycle Bleeding

Hi,

Okay, so in November I had a nervous breakdown. Had a normal cycle until February. About day 16-18 I had brown and clumpy spotting, right...

03-22-2019, 06:23 PM By almostbritain
    • Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
    Working...
    X