• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nexplanon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nexplanon

I got the Nexplanon inserted at the beginning of 2017, so I have had it for about 8 months. My period went away within one month of having it inserted. Since then I have had absolutely ZERO side effects. No mood swings, or cramping, the normal PMS type stuff had completely disappeared. A little more than two months ago my boyfriend and I got a little too drunk and had sex three times with one condom. Fast forward to a couple days ago and I am having cramping, raspberry colored discharge, constipation, and my breasts have gotten tender. I know that these things can be side effects of the Nexplanon, and also of normal periods. I'm worried because for almost 8 months I had no side effects at all and now all of a sudden I am experiencing them. Please let me know if you think I am overthinking this or if I should make an apt with my doc. Thanks in advance!

Hey. Yes, you have an interesting situation. I know that Nexplanon works for 4 years, and a nurse or doctor should remove it as soon as it expires. You can also get your implant removed at any time before if you want to become pregnant or stop using it.
    In your situation, pregnancy is not like. It can be a wound from very active sex.
    If you remove your implant and you do not want to become pregnant, use another method of birth control.
    If you do not start a new hormonal method of birth control after removing the implant, your period will return to how it was before you received Nexplanon. Among the hormonal drugs, it is implants and injections that are considered to be such that the probability of an early (and inconspicuous) microabort is higher than in others (also the hormone helix - in fact, Mirena does not always suppress ovulation, this is in the instruction). All because of fairly low doses of hormones that simply can not always block out ovulation reliably. Hence, conception is possible (the change in cervical mucus also protects, but it is not a very reliable mechanism), the impossibility of implantation due to changes in the endometrium, i.e. there is an early-abortive effect. Of course, it is much lower than in spirals. I think you need to see a doctor for an examination. I hope you have nothing bad.

Comment

Working...
    X