Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotting vs. Menstration

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Spotting vs. Menstration

Hello!

I have been on the pill for about 4 years now and I never miss a pill. My boyfriend and I also use condoms for extra protection. My last period started October 3rd and I bled for a few days, as normal. This time around, I did not bleed at all, just dark brown spotting. I had all of my regular period symptoms (tender breasts, increased acne, a little moodiness) but instead of intermittent cramps I had a steady dull cramp. This spotting happened on the exact days my period usually lasts.

I have been stressed this this past month but is that enough to make me not have a period? Can I consider this my period since it was happening on the same days I normally bleed? Should I be worried about pregnancy? Is it normal to have a normal period on my birth control for so long and then all of a sudden just spot for a period instead?

I'm sorry for all of the questions, but thanks in advance!

• Stress is a horrid thing that can cause many body changes and alterations. If you are concerned, please take a pregnancy test. Birth control is not 100% effective all of the time nor are condoms.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Very light brown discharge

Hello all, I had very light brown discharge yesterday that did not last very long and hasn't happened since. My period should be starting any day now,...

Today, 10:41 AM By Emit
    • Reply to Hoo hot for sex?

Refresh my memory Muffin, how old are you and your wife? It can get pretty hot in the summer in Canada and where I live humidity can be a killer as well,...

Today, 07:26 AM By Claret
    • Reply to How to gain weight fast?

Hi,
      Try some fatty foods eat burgers, pizzas etc. Consume carbs as much as you can. Else if you want to take any supplement take double XXL gainer...

Today, 04:24 AM By paulgonzales86
    • Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have...

Yesterday, 06:29 PM By muffin70
    • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

CapeCRunner - Were you posting here back when kiddo #1 was born? For some reason I feel that I remember when you became pregnant for the first time. Anyway,...

Yesterday, 05:59 PM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X