Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking Seasonale, rando bleeding 😦

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Taking Seasonale, rando bleeding 😦

Hi there and thanks in advance for answering my questions!
    I have been taking the pill Seasonale for right at two years now I think. I have been on a regular schedle with aforementioned pill since January so my body is pretty used to it at this point. As some of you may know, this birth control prevents a woman from menstrating but every three months. Last time (about two months ago) I did not bleed at all. Have been to the doctor and I am not preganant, and she assured me that it was normal on this birth control to not have period anymore. For the past day or two (one week into my last pill pack, about three weeks before placebos) I was leaking some old blood. I was just going to shrug it off but I just started bleeding lots of fresh blood out of random, mildly concerned! (I did miss a pill like a couple of days ago but took it the next day as I normally do when this occurs(usually doesn’t even result in spotting))

That being said, I am unsure if this is normal,
    or if possibly some extra vigorous sex could have disturbed my PID. I might also have something else going on, waiting on results from a transvaginal ultrasound but not sure if it could be related.

Some additional information:
    • I had major constipation this week that milk of magnesia and a stool softener did not help.
    • off and on cramping
    • pain during intercourse is the reason I was recommended for the ultrasound

• I'm glad you're getting it checked out because it is always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to health especially since you do have another condition (PID).

However, I experienced something similar while taking a similar pill, Seasonique. I could not rest each month without taking a pregnancy test when I did not have a period, even though I knew the pill would take my period away. I ended up buying tests each month. I also always felt like I was about to start, had the bloating, cramping, and typical period symptoms, but they just never really let up because I never started. I ended up having some spotting, but never had a full blown period while on it. However, I wasn't on it long because I did not like the reaction my body was having to it. I felt (and still feel) that it is not good for my body to artificially stop my menstruation.

Constipation is normal for me right before a period. I would not say "major" constipation so I'd ask for more info on that: How long has it been?
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Thank you, it was a solid three days without evacuation.

Comment

• Ah okay, that's not super uncommon for me right before I start. I think it's something about the change in hormones. Then I'll start my period and go back to being as regular as usual. Doesn't happen to me every month, but some months it does.

Comment

• Thank you. What kind of birth control do you use if you don’t mind me asking? You mentioned you don’t approve of something that removes menses

Comment

• I stopped using hormonal birth control around 2009. I had been on it for 8+ years and never felt good on it. I had many negative side affects...some that I didn't even realize at the time. I have used the FAM (Fertility Awareness Method) since then.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Increased warmth inside vagina just prior to intercourse

No matter the woman, I've had this happen in every situation. It seems when every woman is hot and bothered (truly wanting and needing sexual intercourse)...

Yesterday, 05:02 PM By James1986
            • In 6 weeks I'm having a hysterecetomy

Hello everyone. I have just joined this website & I'm looking for a very specific cross section of women. Specifically, I want to hear women's stories...

05-18-2019, 02:41 PM By Maria134
            • Boudoir Photography

Hi there, ladies!

I'm considering doing a boudoir session but I'm nervous. I overthink things a lot so I have a lot of questions.

05-15-2019, 09:15 AM By Pam Brace
            • hello all

hello members of womens-health.

05-17-2019, 07:26 AM By AngelaGoza
            • Just a question

Hey ladies!

Which would hit the g-spot more, a penis with above average girth( but not huge) or a penis with a curve penis?

05-05-2019, 11:57 PM By Wayne8888
            Working...
            X